PO Now: Ceremony - In The Spirit World Now (Out Aug 23th)

24 minutes ago, jrodan said:

i am enjoying this wayyyy more than the 'regular' album. i was really let down by that after how much i loved the l-shaped man. this synth version is how it should have always been, because the guitar version was pretty boring to me.

Really?  I still keep coming back to it.  It’s such a great summer drive album too, in my opinion.  This remix definitely intrigued me and listening to a few moments on a few tracks to get a feel for it, it sounds like they really put some care into their approach instead of just slapping on some synths in moments that could afford them.

20 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Really?  I still keep coming back to it.  It’s such a great summer drive album too, in my opinion.  This remix definitely intrigued me and listening to a few moments on a few tracks to get a feel for it, it sounds like they really put some care into their approach instead of just slapping on some synths in moments that could afford them.

i was really into the joy division done by ceremony vibe of l-shaped man, and this just left me wondering what they were going for. nothing really stuck besides the first single, but even that didnt hit me. this new remix (it is actually just Anthony from the band that did it) just hits my interests way more, as i am a sucker for synths. no qualms with anyone enjoying the og, as i dont think it is bad by any means. just wasn't for me i guess.

• 4 months later...

http://www.b9store.com/products/689831-ceremony-rohnert-park-silver-anniversary-edition

"

Before 2020 comes to a close we're giving Ceremony's 'Rohnert Park' a proper 10th anniversary celebration! Released back in June of 2010, "Rohnert Park cemented Ceremony’s legacy as a once-in-a-generation California punk band, and indeed one of the all-time great, quintessentially California bands, period. It’s no wonder that, ten years on, its reputation has only grown." -A.M.N. A definitive release for both the band and Bridge Nine.

To commemorate this, we're giving 'Rohnert Park' our 25th anniversary silver vinyl treatment. We've pressed a one-time edition of 1,000 copies on silver vinyl, housed in black and white printed jackets on silverboard with expanded liner notes."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Color me intrigued.  I can’t access that because of timezone differences – and am too busy to fiddle with my VPN at the moment – but out of curiosity, is it a single + b-side or single(s) for a new album?  The latter doesn’t make much sense but I’d still like to keep just a pinch of optimism if I can.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Color me intrigued.  I can’t access that because of timezone differences – and am too busy to fiddle with my VPN at the moment – but out of curiosity, is it a single + b-side or single(s) for a new album?  The latter doesn’t make much sense but I’d still like to keep just a pinch of optimism if I can.

Ross was a guest on a podcast called So You Did A Thing to discuss the new SPICE record and towards the end of the ep he mentioned these new Ceremony songs as just being a single and made no mention about another Ceremony full length.

Kind of a bummer but will gladly take two new songs from this band anytime.  

Snagged, just under $17 shipped ain't too bad.

I'm bummed their record release show for this is going to be in LA though. I believe this is only the second time ever they haven't had a record release in the Bay Area. The other time being the Sick 7" record release, which was in Pomona in 2010 with Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, and Municipal Waste. 

If anyone is going to be there on Thursday and can hook me up with the Brain Dead-only copy, I will be more than happy to pay for one.

Edited by dork337