PO: múm - Yesterday was Dramatic, Today is OK 20 Anniversary Reissue

From the group's Facebook page:

Our debut album Yesterday was dramatic today is Ok will turn 20 year old this year and Morr Music are re-issuing it on 30th of August. A triple LP (!!!) with newly commissioned reworks and old remixes. 2xCD and cassette as well.

https://www.anost.net/en/Products/Mum-Yesterday-Was-Dramatic-Today-Is-OK-20th-Anniversary-Edition/

spacer.png

Hopefully US stores will carry this for less. They should reissue Finally We Are No One as well.

Edited by iameasytofind

I have an OG copy of this that I found years ago at a local shop, so I can't justify buying it. But the rework track by Kronos Quartet is really lovely! 

I commented on their post for this announcement asking them to reissue "Finally We Are No One" and they said it sadly wasn't up to them. Someone also left a comment on the album's Discogs page saying FatCat has confirmed there will be a reissue in 2019, but that's been said before and nothing ever happens. 

Crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs and balls for it to be true. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, freverend said:

Check anost.net, they release it and have always 15% off for non EU customers. Hope that helps

Record stores where I live always carry their albums and why would I pay for shipping when I have a very reasonable expectation of being able to buy in-store? My question is specific to this reissue.

2 hours ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Record stores where I live always carry their albums and why would I pay for shipping when I have a very reasonable expectation of being able to buy in-store? My question is specific to this reissue.

Have you tried asking your store to order you a copy? Or inquiring with the issuing label/artist? It's hardly unreasonable that N. American stores don't have limited EU pressings in stock. Not sure you're gonna get any great insight from an online forum beyond that.

58 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

Have you tried asking your store to order you a copy? 

Already taken care of. I merely wanted to know if anyone else had trouble finding this particular release in a physical store. And if not, if the owner seemed to be aware of it.  That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I should add that part of why I'm asking is because I've talked to multiple shops and they all cited a different release date

3 hours ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Already taken care of. I merely wanted to know if anyone else had trouble finding this particular release in a physical store. And if not, if the owner seemed to be aware of it.  That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I should add that part of why I'm asking is because I've talked to multiple shops and they all cited a different release date

Who hurt you? This is the most un-Canadian response I've ever seen. 

FWIW, I haven't seen this at local shops either. I would assume it's just not a popular thing to stock, and since it's a 3LP it might be pretty pricey to ship over if it's just gonna sit in the bins. 

Why is my response clarifying & explaining where I'm coming from "un-Canadian"? Honestly the replies on this thread  to one simple question have been really bizarre & unhelpful. I've never felt I've had to justify a simple question so much on a board of any kind.

I guess what I've learned is that I shouldn't find it surprising/bizarre that a store like Sonic Boom that carries (almost literally) one of everything or Rotate This who did a killing on the first editions of mum (and Morr Music vinyl of that era)  didn't have a clue about this reissue... With the FAB Distro newsletter doing a profile on it, specifically. Okay then!

Edited by Ex-Quillette Grifter

1 hour ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

You basically told me to go to the website that 's linked in the OP. That presumes I somehow failed to notice it. Why would you presume that?

Because you asked your first question in a way that made it seem like you were having trouble getting ahold of a copy of this.

They were trying to help you out, and your response came off pretty harsh at first read.

You're coming off as super combative in all your responses, even this one. Maybe take a minute and re-read your responses with no intonation in your head and try to think how it could come off to people reading then before you hit submit. It's something I've started having to do because I often come across as much more of an ass on here than I'm trying to be.

4 hours ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Maybe stop having persecution-complexes, guys.

just cuz Andy Ngo has one doesn't mean these ppl do. @MachoHommeRandallSauvage's critique wasn't unkind or self-pitying, and perhaps more importantly, pretty spot-on. 

also nothing says definitely not mad online like replying 3 whole days after the fact lmao