PO: Kayo Dot - Blasphemy

2 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

https://en.prophecy.de/artists/kayo-dot/kayo-dot-blasphemy.html

Boxset is tempting but not gonna do a blind buy right now, hope it will be around for a while.

Fuck yeah the aesthetics and teaser and everything about this lead me to believe they really put a lot into this release. Phobos was good but just felt like coffins b sides.

fuckin love this band, hopefully the box sticks around till payday 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Great band, incredible live show.

They're playing in my city in September and I might go. Having never seen them (and haven't listened to them at all in 10+ years), are there songs/albums you think I should familiarize myself with before seeing them?

1 hour ago, wiscodeman said:

They're playing in my city in September and I might go. Having never seen them (and haven't listened to them at all in 10+ years), are there songs/albums you think I should familiarize myself with before seeing them?

Pretty much just the last two albums make up the bulk of their set these days. I find coffins on io to be far superior to plastic house on base of sky, but they're both great. They'll occasionally drop something from blue lambecy or the eps, and maaaaybe they break out something from dowsing, never seen em play  anything from Choirs in the last decade. By and large expect to hear Coffins and PHOBOS.

EDIT: Completely forgot Hubardo exists. Definitely gonna hear the more "accessible" songs from it. Typically And He Built Him a Boat and Passing the River. Occasionally The Black Stone if youre (un)lucky

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

6 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Pretty much just the last two albums make up the bulk of their set these days. I find coffins on io to be far superior to plastic house on base of sky, but they're both great. They'll occasionally drop something from blue lambecy or the eps, and maaaaybe they break out something from dowsing, never seen em play  anything from Choirs in the last decade. By and large expect to hear Coffins and PHOBOS.

Cool, thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey did anyone order the Kayo Dot box set of Blasphemy? If so, have you received it?

I haven't heard anything from Prophecy at all and have never ordered from them so no idea if this is normal or not.

They seem to be dead silent on all social media and stuff so I'm wondering if I'm being impatient or if I'm about to lose out on 70 clams.

3 hours ago, thetrackt said:

Hey did anyone order the Kayo Dot box set of Blasphemy? If so, have you received it?

I haven't heard anything from Prophecy at all and have never ordered from them so no idea if this is normal or not.

They seem to be dead silent on all social media and stuff so I'm wondering if I'm being impatient or if I'm about to lose out on 70 clams.

They are most definitely not gonna scam you, ordered countless times and never had a problem. I'd say just be patient.

3 hours ago, thetrackt said:

They have a festival going on right now  so I’m sure they’re quite busy. I’ve ordered from them lots of times with no problems. 

2 hours ago, morfiend said:

They have a festival going on right now  so I’m sure they’re quite busy. I’ve ordered from them lots of times with no problems. 

2 hours ago, vasdenyas said:

They are most definitely not gonna scam you, ordered countless times and never had a problem. I'd say just be patient.

Awesome, thanks for the context. It’s just odd not to hear anything at all when most companies ship so fast and are very communicative. I’ll be patient and see if it ships soon. 🤘