PO: Circa Survive - Juturna & OLG new variants

17 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Way too overproduced and transparently a contrived effort to be CIRCA!.... but with more commercial appeal. There are about 3 or4 truly great Circa jams on it and 2 lesser good tracks and the rest is very garbage to me. And from all those videos that came out about the production in the lead up to release, it seemed like David Bottrill was grooming them to be the successor to Britney Spears more than the unique style of rock band that they actually were. I couldn't believe that was the same dude who produced and engineered Ænima and Lateralus. I thought he would bring more integrity to stand by their uniqueness when he actually pushed them to the poppier end of the spectrum. It was a severe disappointment.

With VW I really like the first track but the rest of the album does not keep me engaged and I turn it off not even half way through.

I heard Juturna just before its official release and they blew my ass away. OLG was a super strong album but still a slightly lesser follow up. Then BSN killed my dreams and honestly as I stated The Amulet is the closest they have yet come to the first two albums' glory.

I can understand the aversion for a band with their own style to go mainstream and change completely. To me at least Blue Sky Noise seemed like a natural progression. Juturna had the weirdness/atmospheric aspect and On Letting Go lost that for tighter songwriting. BSN combines elements from both and still seems different. Watered down compared to the other two? Sure, but the songs are killer. Frozen Creek and Spirit of the Stairwell can get grating and are only really good in context with the rest of the album, but the rest of the songs are awesome. Fever Dreams has to be a top 5 Circa song for me. But I understand your complaints. Juturna is still the superior album for me and is my constant soundtrack come winter. 

I've tried so hard to get into VW as well but only really dig the first four and the closer. They went way experimental on that album (complete 180 from BSN come to think of it). 

I still have to sit down and give The Amulet a better listen. I remember listening to Lustration a bunch and liking it but not loving it. 

18 hours ago, drewberinger said:

RE-PRESS VIOLENT WAVES YOU COWARDS

It's crazy how long they had copies of that just sitting around. I figured for the longest they just kept it in stock, it being just black vinyl, and being moved around different merch stores. 

Edited by dapeebs

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, dapeebs said:

It's crazy how long they had copies of that just sitting around. I figured for the longest they just kept it in stock, it being just black vinyl, and being moved around different merch stores. 

This. Don't know if you guys are/notice but somehow you guys tricked me back into the hobby after selling like me top 60 rarest records lol. I remember this being in their store for like 2-3 years and just casually grabbing it one day. Then when I went to sell it people going "oh wow this is expensive". Will probably wait for a repress because it definitely seems like this is a band that cares about their vinyl releases and will eventually do it (hopefully before a 10 year anniversary).

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, erousso said:

Seriously just in the past week there were pre-orders for Yellowcard, Millencolin, Blink 182, Drive Thru Records, NOFX, and now this. 

When the long grueling years of repress drought go by, you'll look back at this time and you'll smile and a little tear will drop from you eye...

50 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Man, don’t lump Fugazi in there like that.

Well yeah, the only thing I bought of all that stuff was Fugazi, but I was hoping maybe someone in here missed that it came out and would get a chance to grab one.

For the price of the new Blonk album I finally picked up copies of Repeater, The View From This Tower, and Grippe.

23 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

Well yeah, the only thing I bought of all that stuff was Fugazi, but I was hoping maybe someone in here missed that it came out and would get a chance to grab one.

For the price of the new Blonk album I finally picked up copies of Repeater, The View From This Tower, and Grippe.

That Faraquet record is sick.

20 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

New OLG & Juturna presses coming soon to the public. Available now for Patreon subscribers - https://www.patreon.com/posts/juturna-on-go-73266232
OLG - Purple/white/blue Mix /2000
Juturna - Clear Green w/ Dark Green Splatter /2000

Open to the public now - 
Juturna - https://equal-vision-records.myshopify.com/collections/circa-survive/products/csv0jutuga-lp
On Letting Go - https://equal-vision-records.myshopify.com/collections/circa-survive/products/csv0olg0mx-lp

Edited by Justinadamk

On 10/14/2022 at 5:29 PM, xthricex said:

Ordered without any thought for how many records I’ve purchased in the last month. This record is too important to miss again.

I went to buy it today even though I held off because I've spent too much on vinyl this month. It was sold out. So I'm gonna have to wait for the secondary market. 

• 1 year later...