THE ATARIS - SO LONG ASTORIA (COMPLETE DEMOS!)

17 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Did they only have 100 copies available for sale initially of the gold demos? Kung Fu/Cleopatra seems to do that a lot. Wait for the first 100-200 sell out then post the rest...I ask because it says there's only 7 left of the gold and I doubt they sold 493 copies of this in two days.

It's the ataris, youd be surprised.

(Contact Kris and ask)

2 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Did they only have 100 copies available for sale initially of the gold demos? Kung Fu/Cleopatra seems to do that a lot. Wait for the first 100-200 sell out then post the rest...I ask because it says there's only 7 left of the gold and I doubt they sold 493 copies of this in two days.

Assuming that every listed supporter on Bandcamp 48 x 6+1 (289 ppl) bought one, only half were put up. This is, of course, assuming that there aren't more Bandcamp doesn't show for whatever reasons. 

Just bought 1, so 1 left...

Edited by Fowty Dollaz
Bad at counting

3 minutes ago, agaetisbyrjun said:

They put them up in waves for whatever reason. I snagged one yesterday when it said there were 3 left and then saw they put up more later that afternoon

Apparently the waves are random. I just bought one and it said "1 remaining." Now it says "2 remaining." Either way, I'm pumped to listen to this.

14 hours ago, mmhmm said:

It may be the Ataris, but really it's THE ATARIS to like maybe 200 people. Let's be real here.  That being said, I purchased it. Fun to have both the demos and full-length.

You’d be surprised. I’ve seen Tsunami Bomb (who also release vinyl on Cleopatra) go through pressings of 500 in a few days.  They never had nearly the following The Ataris did in their heyday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Apparently the waves are random. I just bought one and it said "1 remaining." Now it says "2 remaining." Either way, I'm pumped to listen to this.

Finally got paid, stoked I was able to snag this one.  It said  " 19 remaining "  before my purchase so assuming 18 left now.  Has anyone received it yet?

1 minute ago, RecordsandIPA said:

Finally got paid, stoked I was able to snag this one.  It said  " 19 remaining "  before my purchase so assuming 18 left now.  Has anyone received it yet?

Showed up yesterday afternoon, so I'll play it soon. Sealed w/ hype sticker (unexpected), also it was wrapped in bubble wrap and double boxed. :o

46 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Showed up yesterday afternoon, so I'll play it soon. Sealed w/ hype sticker (unexpected), also it was wrapped in bubble wrap and double boxed. :o

that is strange...I havent seen hype stickers in a long time.

edit- are you talking about the sticker that says "gold color vinyl" because I wouldn't really call that a hype sticker.

Edited by gutterball1

35 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

that is strange...I havent seen hype stickers in a long time.

edit- are you talking about the sticker that says "gold color vinyl" because I wouldn't really call that a hype sticker.

Yeah, I know it's not ACTUALLY a hype sticker, but I solidly expected an unsealed sleeve and MAYBE a poly bag? The thing looks record-store-ready.

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Mine also showed up yesterday and I was super confused when it came.  It said that it was from Cleopatra Records, it was oddly shaped... which turned out to be because in a mailer inside of another mailer, and it was double wrapped in bubble sheet... I was impressed in the same way that I get impressed by people who squeegee the tub after showering.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, RecordsandIPA said:

Sweet, let me know how it sounds dude. I hope mine comes sealed with a hype sticker too! B)

I'm glad this came out.

The record itself sounds great. Occasional pop or whatever, but I only brushed it.

Most of the songs sound release worthy (8 of 9 is an exception here, imo). A couple are barely distinguishable from original release (Diary). I favor a lot of these versions over the actual release. Stoked I bought it.

Great job putting this out, Kris!