THE ATARIS - SO LONG ASTORIA (COMPLETE DEMOS!)

• 4 months later...

2 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Idk, this seemed like the right place to post this:

Something that absolutely no one wanted. The Ataris RE-RECORDED "The Boys of Summer," and it's obviously worse.

Just give us The Graveyard of the Atlantic, Kris, damn.

Seriously.  I feel like all the time, money, effort, etc put into all of these re-releases, re-recordings, etc have far surpassed what it would take to just release a new album at this point.

11 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I believe bands do this to create a new recording that they own, can make more money off of, and control.

My source is when Reel Big Fish re-recorded a bunch of songs for a Greatest Hits compilation to mess with their old label releasing a Greatest Hits without their involvement or input.

This.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, TheWindBlower said:

Idk, this seemed like the right place to post this:

Something that absolutely no one wanted. The Ataris RE-RECORDED "The Boys of Summer," and it's obviously worse.

Just give us The Graveyard of the Atlantic, Kris, damn.

I enjoyed their version of the song.  so long Astoria is the only album of theirs I like and one of few albums I could listen to in the entire.  but prob no reason to re-record it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

new pressing of demos up on their bandcamp. purple/white out of 500.

as of right now, looks like 87 left

https://theataris.bandcamp.com/album/so-long-astoria-demos

if it's anything like the gold one, it'll go down in stock and then back up at least five times :D

really want to grab one though, that color looks dope, but at $50 shipped it's definitely not the smartest way to spend my money

Edited by slinch

22 hours ago, mmhmm said:

No way they put all 500 up and they've sold 413...of the demos version of this album...right?

I don't think this is what happens. Kris puts a set amount available directly from him on his Bandcamp (which, I assume, he gets more of a monetary cut from) and you can find more copies directly available from Cleopatra Records on eBay. 

Edit: Cleopatra Records is the company that bought the Kung Fu Records namesake and sells all new Kung Fu releases now. 

Edited by thefavoriteplay

• 2 weeks later...