PO: Bon Iver: i,i

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

I think a better title for this album is

The Justin Vernon Sound Machine: A Mosaic of Noises I Make On Instruments With My Friends When We're Baked

I fuck with it. 

And this album is fucking great, as someone who loved 22 and couldn't care less about the first two albums I'm quite satisfied.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Sucks trying to have an opinion huh? Pretty hard?

ANYWAYS, I've got text message timestamps proving I was enjoying this first. So there. 😎

I don't care about that. If Pitchy says it's good I will listen to THE MOST TRUSTED VOICE IN MUSIC. Anything else is lame asf, no cap (on god).

Listened to it twice again today, and while some tracks grew on me a bit, I still find the majority of it just flat out bad. 

There is very little substance to carry the record as a whole. Songs like Hey Ma, Faith and Naeem end before they fleshed out properly. 

And again with the lyrics and vocal delivery being atrocious, just doesn't hold my interest long enough. I was just waiting for it to be over again. 

5 hours ago, deafening said:

I didn't bother to give this a listen myself, I just saved some time asking a friend if he still uses auto-tune on his voice.

There's only auto-tune on his vocals on one song (the first one) and it's for maybe 20% of the vocals. I guess that technically fits your parameters of it being non-listenable because it has auto-tune but it's kind of silly to write an album off over 30 seconds.