PO: Bon Iver: i,i

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Y'all making me feel bad for liking this lmao......still probably not gonna get a copy cuz of his/jag's history of shitty pressings, though.

It's a great record. Also the 22 pressing is incredible it's just the first two that don't sound good and even that is subjective.

13 hours ago, Sunshine said:

There's only auto-tune on his vocals on one song (the first one) and it's for maybe 20% of the vocals. I guess that technically fits your parameters of it being non-listenable because it has auto-tune but it's kind of silly to write an album off over 30 seconds.

Sassy Shelby

2 hours ago, azvd said:

The album is amazing. I understand the frustration if one's was expecting a return to old form.  But I loved the melodies and how beautiful music is "hidden" under minimal arrangements. Really, I loved it.

Yeah man, i'm a few listens in and it still gets better and better every time! Really didn't expect this to be so good - like almost bon iver, bon iver level for my taste. Now it's an even bigger shame they haven't made an exclusive color or an indies exclusive for this...

1. Yi [NR]

2. iMi [1]

3. We [2]

4. Holyfields, [3]

5. Hey, Ma [4.5]

6. U (Man Like) [1]

7. Naeem [3.5]

8. Jelmore [1]

9. Faith [4]

10. Marion [3.5]

11. Salem [3.5]

12. Sh'Diah [2.5]

13. RaBi [2]

2.65/5

Some songs growing on me obviously, but I feel this is about as fair and truthful as I can be at this point. 

BI,BI > FE > 22 > i,i

• 3 weeks later...

He did a Beats1 interview a week or so ago, saying they were using several plants to press this up to get this out today. While I'm assuming the cut and the jackets are the same, I'm curious to see if there will be variations in quality on this record depending on the plant used. 

Edited by timsimmons

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the vinyl release. Thick gatefold with various texture, large booklet, very decent pressing, and housed in a clear slipcase with a layer of the art on it.

And a 24 bit - 48k download to boot.

Agreed, the physical quality is fantastic, sounds super clean & rich. Wish I felt the same about the songs it contains.

Edited by bluescreenlife

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Blood Bank 10th anniversary reissue up for pre-order. It's $20, but includes new live versions of each track on side B . I couldn't resist.

https://store.boniver.org/products/blood-bank-10th-anniversary-edition-translucent-red-lp-us

A limited edition tenth anniversary reissue of Bon Iver's seminal EP Blood Bank will be released March 27, 2020 via Jagjaguwar with brand new live renditions of all of the EP’s tracks. The reissue will also feature new artwork and an in-depth essay written by longtime Bon Iver friend Ryan Matteson.

LP: 33 1/3 RPM 12" vinyl LP inside a matte finished gatefold jacket with spot gloss inks, wrapped in a clear plastic printed sleeve, and contains a full-color 4 page insert. Contains digital download code, redeemable on or after release day.

Track List:
Side A:
01 - Blood Bank 
02 - Beach Baby 
03 - Babys
04 - Woods 

Side B:
05 - Blood Bank (Live From Ericsson Globe, Stockholm SE, Oct 31 2018)
06 - Beach Baby (Live from The Bomb Factory, Dallas TX, Jan 23 2018) 
07 - Babys (Live from Eventim Apollo Hammersmith, London UK, Mar 4 2018) 
08 - Woods (Live from Pitchfork Paris Presented by La Blogothèque, Nov 3 2018)