PO NOW: THE NUMBER 12 LOOKS LIKE YOU- WILD GODS

First album in a decade from these greasy jersey jackholes. New song "Ruin the Smile" streaming now and physical preorders up via what I assume is their new label, Overlord Records.

spacer.png

https://store.overlordrecords.net/

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I missed Jon till I heard and saw the new dude. He’s more than capable of taking up the mantle. It’s a new age, boys.

Yes he's capable. I saw him live playing with Downfall of Gaia and thought he was great, so when he was announced as the new drummer I knew he could play any of their back catalogue. 

What I meant about Jon is that he was so versatile and tight, a true master of his craft. Aside from opening a bar in Buffalo, NY I don't know what else he's been up to since the last iteration of the band.

Agreed on the drumming, he had a really unite style.
I also saw them last year with the new lineup and it was still really good, but I wonder how it translates into the writing process.

Honestly I still really miss the dueling vocals, though Jesse is a complete beast and manages to do 99% of it all live.

TLDR, totally stoked, super easy PO

Ordered with a quickness! Seen these guys a few years ago and Jesse was super sick so he said he’d try his best but he maybe only did like one song. After that he said “anybody knows the songs get up here and sing em” I got up and did Grandfather and Like a Cat even though I probably botched the lyrics a bit. Fun show even though I caught whatever Jesse had I was sick for weeks lol

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Unnecessary info here.... 308 Copies remaining on their web-store. 

Makes me guess this is either a run of 500 or 1k if they are saving copies for alternate distributors. 

I want to get a better feel for what the mockup is supposed to be, all we have is that small thumbnail to go with. But if it is /500 then they're selling them well enough.

44 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I want to get a better feel for what the mockup is supposed to be, all we have is that small thumbnail to go with. But if it is /500 then they're selling them well enough.

Did you see the latest image off their IG? Admittedly the colorway is a bit confusing, but its a 2xLP!

My best guess would be that it is a baby blue / pink smash. (Image Cropped from their IG Post)

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Did you see the latest image off their IG? Admittedly the colorway is a bit confusing, but its a 2xLP!

My best guess would be that it is a baby blue / pink smash. (Image Cropped from their IG Post)

spacer.png

Hmm I see, I doubt the record world be very long. Maybe we can hope it'll be 45rpm.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Gave the album a listen yesterday, it's pretty good. All of my personal reservations about it have been assuaged and I will be ordering. 

It slaps!

Yeah its weird, its wacky, its super experimental. 
I am not sure yet how often I will come back to it.. but I am really enjoying and appreciating it and the bold chances they took.

They are certainly still out there pushing boundaries and breaking the mold, very happy with the album overall.

Worth noting the vinyl has been delayed by a week or two due to a shipping delay from the pressing plant.
But, the label said they should begin shipping out to customers in the near future.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

So is this sold out or something? It’s not on their store anymore, and I never got around to ordering it. I saw a copy at my local store but it was like $32 new and thought the PO was cheaper. Might just have to pick up that retail copy soon. 

If your a Amazon prime member you can snag it for like 28$ or something like that. Few copies left.
I think they have sold out via their web-store though. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

So is this sold out or something? It’s not on their store anymore, and I never got around to ordering it. I saw a copy at my local store but it was like $32 new and thought the PO was cheaper. Might just have to pick up that retail copy soon. 

https://smartpunkshop.com/collections/new-releases/products/the-number-twelve-looks-like-you-wild-gods

$25.49. 2 left.

• 9 months later...