Wilco - Ode to Joy (10/4)

3 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Looks like the $500 deluxe has run out of steam with 981 copies left. 

Theyre really shooting themselves in the foot on this one.  The deluxe is also only available to U.S. customers.  

Yup, I understand that musicians have to make money, but I feel like Tweedy has gone full Gene Simmons here. Not a good look on their part at all.  I guarantee they were planning on all the hip dad's out there with a ton of disposable income to throw money at this. 

I find this whole thing kind of humorous.  Maybe Wilco hired that shitty marketing team that Arcade Fire had for the Everything Now album?

Would anyone here spend $500 on ANY album?  $500 for a pre-order of a band?  The only album of recent that I think I might have is that super deluxe Syro by Aphex.

IDK man for $500 it should come with some pretty cool shit.  I think if it were a mistake it would be noticed and corrected by now.  I'm kind of surprised none of the music blogs have mentioned the price.

The only thing I think I would realistically spend that much money would be some crazy new Pink Floyd box set

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I’m guessing it’s the same 1000, they just moved some for the euro store. 

I’m not so sure of that. Their US store says they have 839 left and the EU store has 1000. I’m not sure why they’d be so  Loosey-goosey  with their inventory, but who knows. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Deluxe set has been discounted to a "reasonable" (haha) $375 in the US store. But, still limited to 2 copies per customer (darn!).

Another edition is hitting the band's pop up shop-- Wilco Souvenir Shop--in Chicago today (12/14-18th).

L/1500, unique upcycled jackets, white-ish (uncolored is what the hype sticker says) vinyl. Looks pretty sweet in the band's instagram pics. I'd pick one up if I were in Chicago, but alas. 

Edited by tvrec
added span of pop-up dates

19 hours ago, tvrec said:

Deluxe set has been discounted to a "reasonable" (haha) $375 in the US store. But, still limited to 2 copies per customer (darn!).

Another edition is hitting the band's pop up shop-- Wilco Souvenir Shop--in Chicago today (12/14-18th).

L/1500, unique upcycled jackets, white-ish (uncolored is what the hype sticker says) vinyl. Looks pretty sweet in the band's instagram pics. I'd pick one up if I were in Chicago, but alas. 

vinyl color should be milky clear

• 1 month later...