PO Soon: Andrew Wk - I Get Wet / Wolf - July 19th

21 minutes ago, kylet said:

Didn't realize the OG was so valuable. I must have bought it on a whim when it came out, listened to the first couple tracks one time, and then put it on the shelf for years. This thread inspired me to listen to the first few songs for the first time in years lol. 

She is beautiful.

28 minutes ago, Charles Barkley said:

Man, I miss when they wrote like that.

Nah, it's a pretty terrible style. Literally takes him 8 paragraphs to start reviewing the album (which he doesn't say much about). Looks like something I would have written in highschool..

Edited by erikness

4 minutes ago, erikness said:

Nah, it's a pretty terrible style. Literally takes him 8 paragraphs to start reviewing the album. Looks like something I would have written in highschool..

Oh, I get that it’s not a “good” review by any means (if memory serves me they did eventually re-review it), but it sort of reminds me of a “Hipster Runoff” vibe thing it’s got going on . Plus, at least in my opinion, it’s more interesting than what they’ve been pumping out recently.  

Grabbed these just because i felt the need to support an ann arbor artist.

I still buy plenty of single lps in the $18-$22 range my local shop. The major labels seem to charge quite a bit more sometimes.  Thankfully i don't but much of that stuff.  I also wonder if the $25 norm/avg price includes all the overpriced  rsd releases.

3 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

If you started buying records in 1999 or before at, say, $17.99, and are basing that on today’s prices, it’s called inflation.  If you just got into the hobby and are complaining about prices, it’s because you’re on a ship late to port and welcome to the hobby.

Legitimate LOL if you think records cost $17.99 in 1999.

I’ll pay $20 for a single LP and feel okay about it. I’ll pay $25 if it’s a double LP or something I absolutely must own. But man, I just can’t drop $30 plus shipping for a CD-sourced reissue. I’ll stick with my OG. Maybe the Wolf will go on sale someday. 

6 minutes ago, fish said:

Grabbed these just because i felt the need to support an ann arbor artist.

I still buy plenty of single lps in the $18-$22 range my local shop. The major labels seem to charge quite a bit more sometimes.  Thankfully i don't but much of that stuff.  I also wonder if the $25 norm/avg price includes all the overpriced  rsd releases.

I was not counting RSD, everything is closer to $30+ for even the most basic release (ie ep or single) on RSD but that is ok because its a day to help support small mom and pop shops.

1 minute ago, scottheisel said:

Legitimate LOL if you think records cost $17.99 in 1999.

I’ll pay $20 for a single LP and feel okay about it. I’ll pay $25 if it’s a double LP or something I absolutely must own. But man, I just can’t drop $30 plus shipping for a CD-sourced reissue. I’ll stick with my OG. Maybe the Wolf will go on sale someday. 

depends how you collect.  if you buy just your fav albums on vinyl you'd prob have about a dozen LPs but if you buy everything you like on vinyl then your in trouble.  I think most just buy their fav bands stuff + their fav albums by other bands...but seeing some collections of people I think I am wrong.

13 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

I was not counting RSD, everything is closer to $30+ for even the most basic release (ie ep or single) on RSD but that is ok because its a day to help support small mom and pop shops.

depends how you collect.  if you buy just your fav albums on vinyl you'd prob have about a dozen LPs but if you buy everything you like on vinyl then your in trouble.  I think most just buy their fav bands stuff + their fav albums by other bands...but seeing some collections of people I think I am wrong.

This is what happens when you’ve been buying vinyl for 25 years: https://discogs.page.link/NxW5