PO Now: As I Lay Dying - Shaped By Fire (Out on September 20th)

This better be good, they have no choice.  If this wasn't 6 out of 5 stars, it would defeat the purpose of everything they're doing, and they wouldn't make it.  Buckle up, kids.

Presale ticket password for the Shaped By Fire tour is AILD19, public sales tomorrow at 10am, I'm thinking minimally a handful of these shows will sell out.  Bringing After The Burial and Emmure with them, this tour is going to leave a few venues in shambles.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, justin_cole12 said:

Finally. Don't give a shit about the past drama. I'm hear for the music. The new songs they've released are stellar.

"Drama". I'd say trying to have your wife killed is a little worse than "drama". Fuck Tim, fuck this band, and fuck anyone who gives them money. 

15 minutes ago, scottyrobotty said:

"Drama". I'd say trying to have your wife killed is a little worse than "drama". Fuck Tim, fuck this band, and fuck anyone who gives them money. 

Lol I was referring more to the online drama with fans and their opinions. The dude did a bad thing and served his time. That's how the justice system works. The band and Tim can do whatever they please and so can their fans.

2 hours ago, scottyrobotty said:

Ok... I really need to know what your world view of forgiveness is. Sounds like your in the "you mess up, no forgiveness even once you're dead" camp. Which.... that sounds like a fun life to live.

4 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Ok... I really need to know what your world view of forgiveness is. Sounds like your in the "you mess up, no forgiveness even once you're dead" camp. Which.... that sounds like a fun life to live.

hiring someone to kill your wife is definitely a "mess up". a real oopsie daisy. a goof.

13 minutes ago, jrodan said:

hiring someone to kill your wife is definitely a "mess up". a real oopsie daisy. a goof.

This right here.  He payed the undercover cop so he essentially pulled the trigger.  If it weren’t for the fact that he was caught by the sting, his ex would be dead.  

56 minutes ago, ChristDeformed said:

This right here.  He payed the undercover cop so he essentially pulled the trigger.  If it weren’t for the fact that he was caught by the sting, his ex would be dead.  

bingo. if Tim dropped my lunch from the break room refrigerator and said "sorry", then fine, "ok tim I no worries". But something like trying to take someones life, I'm not fond of "forgiveness" which basically gives people a pass of something they did that was bad.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

Just now, MCDELTAT said:

You didn't answer my question. So he did this, can he ever be forgiven? 40 years? Never? After he gives 1 Million dollars to a charity that stops domestic violence?

what has he done to show he has been rehabilitated? if he has done more than go to jail and serve his time, by all means, i am willing to re-evaluate my stance. but as far as i know the only things he has done since hiring someone to kill his wife is go to jail and then get released from jail once he served his time. that to me is not enough, and probably isn't enough for most people with a soul.

22 minutes ago, 1876records said:

you're all full of shit if you've never wanted to kill someone before

In the absolute heat of a moment, sure.  But it usually passes after some time and reflection, for most folks.

But surely you’re not comparing the fleeting fantasy of killing someone to taking the necessary steps and efforts to actually go through with it.  Because that would be a really moronic comparison to draw and I know you wouldn’t do that.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

In the absolute heat of a moment, sure.  But it usually passes after some time and reflection, for most folks.

But surely you’re not comparing the fleeting fantasy of killing someone to taking the necessary steps and efforts to actually go through with it.  Because that would be a really moronic comparison to draw and I know you wouldn’t do that.

bro, these morons gonna moron.

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

what has he done to show he has been rehabilitated? if he has done more than go to jail and serve his time, by all means, i am willing to re-evaluate my stance. but as far as i know the only things he has done since hiring someone to kill his wife is go to jail and then get released from jail once he served his time. that to me is not enough, and probably isn't enough for most people with a soul.

Continuing, if anyone is interested in how he's manipulating his wife (he got married while serving jail time for crying out loud) check out her Instagram for some super cringy, brainwashed content.

Edited by N8TRU

2 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Worth the view. He seems genuinely remorseful and aware of how his actions hurt those closest to him, and he's taking steps to help those with mental health struggles.  Walking the talk.

It's also good to see him acknowledge there will always be people who hold his past against him (this thread being a good example) and that he's accepted it...he has no choice in the matter anyway. 

Last thought- we can make all the judgments we want about him now, and the more cynical of you will tear this point apart (bc money), but it's probably most telling of potential character change that his band has reconnected with him and publicly participated in a video like this. They actually really know the guy and publicly associating with him is a huge risk/liability to each of them and their families...at a certain point money/fame/whatever just doesn't matter when it comes to something this serious and I doubt they'd be anywhere near the guy unless they saw some significant shift in character. 

Edited by mmhmm

3 hours ago, 1876records said:

you're all full of shit if you've never wanted to kill someone before

Wanting to and actually trying to do it is different. He paid money to do it and if not for an undercover cop, he would have been directly the reason behind it. How hard is it to understand that. Also, fuck forgiveness 

On 7/19/2019 at 3:00 PM, Derek™ said:

haha, I know. there is a glaring difference between the two. just playing devil's advocate as usual

On 7/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

Also, fuck forgiveness 

That's great if the guy has changed and if he's not going to try to kill his wife anymore.  He didn't do anything to warrant forgiveness from ME. Can he be a member of society? Probably. He can have society's forgiveness but not mine. It doesn't matter though because I don't care about the band anyway. There's no shortage of other bands.