PO Now: As I Lay Dying - Shaped By Fire (Out on September 20th)

6 minutes ago, rooks said:

lmfao

He wasn't out to put a hit out on his wife, he just happened to pick one up while he was out.

Let ye who has never bought a pack of Mentos from the checkout line at the grocery store cast the first stone!

I got got by an Archie Double Digest the other day

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

imagine the kind of douche you have to be to come onto this forum and claim people "don't know the whole story" and how hard it is "to bite your tongue" about the facts of the case, and then give absolutely no new information. you want so badly to involve yourself in this, and it is truly pathetic. shoulda kept your mouth shut unless you had something valid to say, as opposed to your sad attempt at relevance in this situation.

You’re doing the lords work.

good lord, Ian is just making himself look even more foolish with each post. 

the new excuse is straight up Rick James stomping on a brand new couch. "i wasn't actively looking to have my wife murdered. i paid an undercover officer money when i thought he was a hit man. fuck yo, life! steroids are a hell of a drug."

3 hours ago, IanRees said:

Of course, there are always things nobody knows that’s going on in someone’s head.

From what I have been told. I do not believe he was ever actively looking to have his wife murdered. But in the end he did pay a uncover officer money thinking he was a hit man and that is inexcusable.

Also he could be a complete sociopath and everything I’ve been told is a lie 🤷🏼‍♂️

My only thought is that there is a very in-depth interview he gave to AP if i can remember correctly that is extremely lengthy and I wouldn't call suggestion entrapment. He gives extensive detail on the meeting, how it came to that, and the whole encounter with the undercover cop trying to get him to be specific instead of vague about what "taking care of her" meant. I was able to find it below, I think this is the only interview he ever gave about this.

On what eventually led him to hiring a hitman:

This guy at my gym, my workout partner, I just expressed to him how sad I was. I asked the guy I had been buying steroids from, the steroid dealer, if we could meet. I’m talking to him in the parking lot one afternoon and I go, “Hey, how’s it going?” He goes, “Pretty good, unless you maybe need me to kill somebody for you.” Like that, right off the bat.

I’m kind of like, “Whoa, what are you talking about?” He goes, “Well I’ve heard you’ve been pretty frustrated with your wife…” He just kind of had—I mean, he’s a steroid dealer. He has a sketchy background, you know what I mean? So I’m thinking, “Geez, where’s this guy going with this?” He starts asking me these seemingly rhetorical questions. “Have you tried working things out with your lawyer?” I said yeah, but it was going to be a couple of months before I saw the judge. “Have you tried taking them to a social worker? Like a counselor?” I said yes and the social worker had met with the kids.

He goes, “Well, you know your other option is I can hook you up with somebody that could do this.” And he goes, “Can you think of a better option?” He’s asking it like it’s a rhetorical question. I remember thinking at the time, “This doesn’t feel right. This doesn’t feel like my best option.” But my thinking at that time… As much as I wished there was a better option, this is my best option. Obviously, right now, I can think of a dozen things and I understand the legal system much better. Legally speaking, there are emergency type things where you can get a judge to see you earlier, which I didn’t know. There are dozens of things I can think of now. But I just started to develop this mindset of, “Alright… I guess this seems like the path I’m going to have to go down.”

On meeting with the hitman, Red, and his arrest:

I was like, “Man, I just want her gone.” I wanted to make the hurt stop. That’s what I was focused on. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it’s like a big bear defending its cubs. Whatever I had to do, you know what I mean? It’s not in my nature to be growly and gnashing my teeth. I’m a pretty calm guy. I’m kind of passively saying, “I want her gone.” It’s just too much for me to handle. I don’t know how to handle any of it.

He’s pushing. “I want you to specifically say exactly what you want.” I’m thinking, “Is this dude stupid?” Obviously, I’m the one who is stupid. But in my mind, at the time, I’m thinking, “Man, I’m making it pretty clear here.” He says, “Just to be clear: You want your wife dead?” So right before I leave, I walk over to him and I say, “Yeah, just so you understand.” I don’t know why I didn’t realize I was the stupid one. There I was thinking he was the stupid one. But I’m really the stupidest dude in the world. That’s when I said, “Yes, to answer your question specifically, that’s what I want.” He’s got that recorded.

He asks me if I brought the stuff he asked me to bring. I said yes and that it was in the car. We go to the car, I hand him the envelope with everything in it through the window, I kick my car into reverse, look over my shoulder to back up, turn around and kick the car into drive and as soon as I turned my head back around, there was a gun at my head.

It was a female officer. “Freeze!” I put the car in park and put my hands up. “Freeze! Get out of the car! Show me your hands!” I’m like, “I have my hands up. How do I get out of the car?” None of it seemed real. I don’t know who opened the door. I guess she must’ve. All I know is I was facedown on the concrete and all of these people were looking, wondering what the hell was going on. It was just like in the movies where five cop cars all pull up at the exact same time. You hear one split-second siren and then they all pull up to block a car from multiple angles. No exaggeration, there were somewhere between 10 and 15 [police officers], some undercover, some in uniforms. I’m thinking, “This is an absurd amount of officers. I’m not some super-well-known criminal.”

So, they stuff me in the back of the cop car and I’m going down to the station. All I can think of at the time, because my mind is just so… I’m like, “Hey, how long is it until we get to the station?” They’re like, “I don’t know, maybe 20 minutes.” I’m 6’3”. I don’t fit in the little grooves where your head is supposed to go. My knees are hitting, my shoulders… I’m thinking, “Man, 20 minutes is a long time to be sitting like this.” That’s how insane my mind was.

4 minutes ago, rooks said:

Anyone that can read that and come away thinking anything other than this guy is a piece of shit desperately trying to avert guilt needs to take a minute.

Look, man... is the guy a piece of shit?  Sure.  Did he really fuck up?  Absolutely.  But really, at the end of the day, there is more to it than that and I think we all need to keep that in mind.

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

He goes, “Well, you know your other option is I can hook you up with somebody that could do this.” And he goes, “Can you think of a better option?” He’s asking it like it’s a rhetorical question. I remember thinking at the time, “This doesn’t feel right. This doesn’t feel like my best option.” But my thinking at that time… As much as I wished there was a better option, this is my best option. Obviously, right now, I can think of a dozen things and I understand the legal system much better. Legally speaking, there are emergency type things where you can get a judge to see you earlier, which I didn’t know. There are dozens of things I can think of now. But I just started to develop this mindset of, “Alright… I guess this seems like the path I’m going to have to go down.

He’s pushing. “I want you to specifically say exactly what you want.” I’m thinking, “Is this dude stupid?” Obviously, I’m the one who is stupid. But in my mind, at the time, I’m thinking, “Man, I’m making it pretty clear here.” He says, “Just to be clear: You want your wife dead?” So right before I leave, I walk over to him and I say, “Yeah, just so you understand.” I don’t know why I didn’t realize I was the stupid one. There I was thinking he was the stupid one. But I’m really the stupidest dude in the world. That’s when I said, “Yes, to answer your question specifically, that’s what I want.” He’s got that recorded.

I don't care how trapped you feel, how fucked you are on steroids.  He attempted to have someone killed.

The dude he was talking to was an undercover officer.  He needed him to be specific because if he was serious about hiring a hitman that meant he'd have to break cover and call it in, which was the end result.

42 minutes ago, Talkeetna said:

To be completely fair, I think we've all been in a situation where we considered paying someone to kill the guy from As I Lay Dying's wife. 

Page 1, 12th post:

On 7/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, 1876records said:

you're all full of shit if you've never wanted to kill someone before

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

Is there a special edition version of this where I can pay this guy to pay an actual hit man to put a hit out on myself? I want the authentic experience. 

Also comes with a piece of paper for your last words they started off for you... "As I _________ lay dying..."

On 8/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

My only thought is that there is a very in-depth interview he gave to AP if i can remember correctly that is extremely lengthy and I wouldn't call suggestion entrapment. He gives extensive detail on the meeting, how it came to that, and the whole encounter with the undercover cop trying to get him to be specific instead of vague about what "taking care of her" meant. I was able to find it below, I think this is the only interview he ever gave about this.

On what eventually led him to hiring a hitman:

This guy at my gym, my workout partner, I just expressed to him how sad I was. I asked the guy I had been buying steroids from, the steroid dealer, if we could meet. I’m talking to him in the parking lot one afternoon and I go, “Hey, how’s it going?” He goes, “Pretty good, unless you maybe need me to kill somebody for you.” Like that, right off the bat.

I’m kind of like, “Whoa, what are you talking about?” He goes, “Well I’ve heard you’ve been pretty frustrated with your wife…” He just kind of had—I mean, he’s a steroid dealer. He has a sketchy background, you know what I mean? So I’m thinking, “Geez, where’s this guy going with this?” He starts asking me these seemingly rhetorical questions. “Have you tried working things out with your lawyer?” I said yeah, but it was going to be a couple of months before I saw the judge. “Have you tried taking them to a social worker? Like a counselor?” I said yes and the social worker had met with the kids.

He goes, “Well, you know your other option is I can hook you up with somebody that could do this.” And he goes, “Can you think of a better option?” He’s asking it like it’s a rhetorical question. I remember thinking at the time, “This doesn’t feel right. This doesn’t feel like my best option.” But my thinking at that time… As much as I wished there was a better option, this is my best option. Obviously, right now, I can think of a dozen things and I understand the legal system much better. Legally speaking, there are emergency type things where you can get a judge to see you earlier, which I didn’t know. There are dozens of things I can think of now. But I just started to develop this mindset of, “Alright… I guess this seems like the path I’m going to have to go down.”

On meeting with the hitman, Red, and his arrest:

I was like, “Man, I just want her gone.” I wanted to make the hurt stop. That’s what I was focused on. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it’s like a big bear defending its cubs. Whatever I had to do, you know what I mean? It’s not in my nature to be growly and gnashing my teeth. I’m a pretty calm guy. I’m kind of passively saying, “I want her gone.” It’s just too much for me to handle. I don’t know how to handle any of it.

He asks me if I brought the stuff he asked me to bring. I said yes and that it was in the car. We go to the car, I hand him the envelope with everything in it through the window, I kick my car into reverse, look over my shoulder to back up, turn around and kick the car into drive and as soon as I turned my head back around, there was a gun at my head.

It was a female officer. “Freeze!” I put the car in park and put my hands up. “Freeze! Get out of the car! Show me your hands!” I’m like, “I have my hands up. How do I get out of the car?” None of it seemed real. I don’t know who opened the door. I guess she must’ve. All I know is I was facedown on the concrete and all of these people were looking, wondering what the hell was going on. It was just like in the movies where five cop cars all pull up at the exact same time. You hear one split-second siren and then they all pull up to block a car from multiple angles. No exaggeration, there were somewhere between 10 and 15 [police officers], some undercover, some in uniforms. I’m thinking, “This is an absurd amount of officers. I’m not some super-well-known criminal.”

So, they stuff me in the back of the cop car and I’m going down to the station. All I can think of at the time, because my mind is just so… I’m like, “Hey, how long is it until we get to the station?” They’re like, “I don’t know, maybe 20 minutes.” I’m 6’3”. I don’t fit in the little grooves where your head is supposed to go. My knees are hitting, my shoulders… I’m thinking, “Man, 20 minutes is a long time to be sitting like this.” That’s how insane my mind was.

Who is Tim to smear the good, goddamn name of a steroid dealer?