PO: Norma Jean All Hail 10/25

9 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I was curious who was still in this band, so I checked out Wikipedia before deciding whether to order (I didn't) and that seems to be correct.  Zero original members at this point.  Pretty lame to still call it Norma Jean imo.

At least someone agrees with me. Usually Norma Jean stans get all up in arms and go "well Cory's original enough" but like...is he? Aside from that, the drummer quitting after a year, Jeff after 8 (both this year), no originals for 4 years and no song before launching a pre-order that's more than 3 months out is bad news to me. I still enjoy their catalog but this looks questionable. Artwork is janky too.

I don't give a shit if they change their name or not as long as they keep pumping out killer albums like they have.  Saying they should do anything is dumb, they should do whatever they feel like, people can take it or leave it.

The "original" lineup put out one album, if you don't like that all the members are gone retitle the artist on that one album to Luti-Kriss in your mp3 library and move on.

Edited by daegor

29 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

the best albums they have written to me have been their last 3 albums. Im in on this 100%

Totally agree minus anti mother. But fuck if wrongdoers and polar similar aren’t monsters... buuuuuuut... the riffs were what made those albums. Unsure if the new guy is on the same level, but I’m basing that on nothing. Will wait and see.

2 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Totally agree minus anti mother. But fuck if wrongdoers and polar similar aren’t monsters... buuuuuuut... the riffs were what made those albums. Unsure if the new guy is on the same level, but I’m basing that on nothing. Will wait and see.

you are forgetting meridonial! Anti-Mother was before Meridonial. The order of release was Meridonial, Wrongdoers, Polar Similar. 

48 minutes ago, ethereal said:

isn't TDWP the same deal at this point?

And Underoath, but yeah their latest album was turd city, so not sure it really makes a good point.

Also I have liked most of the Norma albums lately, with the exception of Polar Similar. \

(oh also no it is not the case for TDWP, not even close unless I am mistaken)

Edited by V3XED

I remember reading something recently on their page about them letting go of a member due to some alcohol issues. Some bands are a spinning door. Always fresh faces. Doesn't mean they HAVE to change their name. There last 3-4 albums have ripped. I'm not ordering but I'll def give it a chance. $30+ is too rich for my blood nowadays. I know better to PO at that price.