PO: Norma Jean All Hail 10/25

On 9/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, daegor said:

https://www.discogs.com/Norma-Jean-The-Almighty-Norma-Jean-Limited-Edition-Vinyl-Boxset/master/367034

It's been done and any of that era of T&N release cost a stupid amount to licence for repressing.

I thought it was because there are zero Bless the Martyr-era members still in the band and they felt weird about it. That's what I remember reading, anyway. They repressed O God the Aftermath and it wasn't super expensive.

15 hours ago, silence2-38554 said:

Bummed I missed it because it’s rare, but the actual art and variant are pretty lame, so oh well...

People like you are why stupid $100 bundles exist.

im sure the less rare variants sound just as good.

Obviously not AS good, that false sense of superiority and self worth that comes with having the skill to buy something faster than someone else can buy something really makes those frequencies shine…  but I bet it’s similar.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

9 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

It was a screen printed jacket and a slipmat for $50 shipped.  A few extras for around $20 more than the standard release.  To some folks, that may be worth a few extra bucks.  It didn’t include a skate deck, baby bottle, etc. as you’re insinuating, and wasn’t some insane $100+ bundle with a load of garbage.  It’s ok, you can be a grumpy dense asshole all you want, you be you.  Cheers!

Wow, a scrap of paper and a felt frisbee for ONLY $20 extra???? You’re right, that’s a steal. 

there’s literally listings that include skate decks and water bottles on the site. We all saw the links to the half dozen knocked loose bundles, off the top of my head I remember candle and pennant flag bundles. There’s still an active listing for the new TDWP album with a skate deck. I can’t count how many bands have their own brand of coffee now. Point is, the bundles I’m referring to exist and they sell because idiots will buy anything labeled as limited these days.

Don’t be willfully obtuse. 

...or do, the funny thing is I don’t give a fuck, because my copy will sound the same as the ones that people spent extra on to get one of the ugliest slip mats and screen prints I’ve ever seen.

But I’m still gonna point out how fuckin dumb it is to do get bent out of shape over dumbass bundles and pressing numbers, especially one as aesthetically displeasing as the one in question. It looks like a high school freshman from 2005 scribbled this out on his notebook in history class.

if being a grumpy dense asshole means I can buy two records to every one that you buy because I don’t care how many colors they fucked onto the disc or that it doesn’t come in a super special edition deluxe lunch box with a screenprinted hype sticker and a condom used by the drummer, then I’m okay with that.

cHeErS

1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I'm not disagreeing $50 for a record and slipmat is overpirced and multiple great records can be had for that same $50.  I posted the link because I saw the band post it and thought someone here might want one before it sells out.  You know, message board where people post about records.  What a concept.  Did I buy one?  Nope.  I thought it was poor form to roll into a thread and go off on a person with, "it's people like you" when they didn't pick a fight or address you in a shitty way.  

and yet you thought it was fine form to come at me for an off -handed three sentence comment directed at someone who wasn't you, effectively derailing the thread for an entire page.

And IT IS people like them that brought these lame cash grab bundles of junk into existence.

He literally said he was bummed he missed it because it was rare, even though he didn't like the actual content. That's fucking stupid, and I have no problem calling it out.

Solid State has been doing a Halloween sale thing for the last year or two... figures.

Tempted to cancel my original order and do one with the sale... I checked stocks for these earlier and all the non bundle variants were sold out though. Seems like it's delayed anyways.

Album is pretty darn good by the way!

3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

What a shit stunt to pull to reward your diehard fans....

Someone’s mad they paid $40 for this, hike up your big boy pants and cancel the order and place it again. Do you really think the band made this decision? Dumbass.

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Solid State has been doing a Halloween sale thing for the last year or two... figures.

Tempted to cancel my original order and do one with the sale... I checked stocks for these earlier and all the non bundle variants were sold out though. Seems like it's delayed anyways.

Album is pretty darn good by the way!

Why wouldn’t you cancel?