PO: Norma Jean All Hail 10/25

10 minutes ago, daegor said:

I've talked to him many times (online and IRL) and I do believe his apology, but I don't think it excuses anything.  It's impact, not intent.  All ignorance is to a certain extent willful.

You do? Damn, there’s been enough anecdotal evidence of him being a piece of shit that now that he’s really shown his ass I don’t believe a word of that backpedaling.

I have loved Norma Jean since I was in tenth grade, but I’m done. At least I can still listen to Bless the Martyr.

Hope the rest of the band is cool with only getting booked opening for Five Finger Death Punch from here on out.

Fuck Cory, fuck racism, and fuck anyone who thinks his behavior is acceptable. Time to listen to some Every Time I Die while I list all my Norma Jean records for sale and find a good BLM focused charity to donate every dime I make to. 

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

14 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

For what it's worth, I've probably consumed 12+ hours of Twitter in the last 2-3 days retweeting and educating myself. Never saw the GIF this was supposed to make fun of. So to not know it's context is likely. 

Honestly I didn't make the connection either, regardless even without the direct connection what he meant was clear.  He was criticizing people who were getting upset.

3 minutes ago, Dugan Nash said:

I have your mom type for me? 

Edit- I was asking a serious question, by the fucking way. Way to contribute. 

As someone who doesn’t really care about Norma Jean or follow their online developments, it took about 30 seconds – in this very thread – to find what was said and why it’s woefully distasteful.

Hint:

Look for the fresh post that bumped the thread since November.

11 minutes ago, Dugan Nash said:

So he says that and he's a clown, The organizers of mass protests this past week say dont stay home and it's cool? 

Completely unrelated. What I posted was April 22nd and I noted that. If you think his tweet wasn't uncool then go volunteer at a hospital and help families continue to say goodbye as our death toll has now surpassed 108,000 in the United States. He's another ignorant fool that doesn't agree with statistics because he's in his own bubble where they don't affect him just like what's going on right now. Take your 14 post count to another forum if you're going to compare a disease to black people being murdered.

Christian dude from the South finally shows his true colors. Didn’t see this one coming, eventually. I’m going to guess his whole friends circle is also filled with Christian dudes in their mid-30’s that took up the biker look, and even more so, their inherently Southern outlook on politics in the last half decade.

I also enjoy, that it seems like some of you are still trying to hang on. Nah, he’s done. Who here is cancelling their orders for that upcoming reissue released directly from the band?? Didn’t see any of you mention that.

Edited by MyEnemy

6 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Christian dude from the South finally shows his true colors. Didn’t see this one coming, eventually. I’m going to guess his whole friends circle is also filled with Christian dudes in their mid-30’s that took up the biker look, and even more so, their inherently Southern outlook on politics in the last half decade.

I also enjoy, that it seems like some of you are still trying to hang on. Nah, he’s done. Who here is cancelling their orders for that upcoming reissue released directly from the band?? Didn’t see any of you mention that.

I just finally ordered all hail about 10 minutes ago. He has my full support.

28 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Completely unrelated. What I posted was April 22nd and I noted that. If you think his tweet wasn't uncool then go volunteer at a hospital and help families continue to say goodbye as our death toll has now surpassed 108,000 in the United States. He's another ignorant fool that doesn't agree with statistics because he's in his own bubble where they don't affect him just like what's going on right now. Take your 14 post count to another forum if you're going to compare a disease to black people being murdered.

I'm up to 16 now. 

16 minutes ago, Dugan Nash said:

Is that supposed to be Sh100by's mom?

Not really sure but that’s a great question.  I just assumed it was the one who failed to give you enough attention growing up, resulting in yet another low-effort troll starved for attention.  But that’s the beauty of the ambiguity — it can be any mom.