PO NOW: DIIV - Deceiver (out on October 4th)

Rough Trade has a different colour exclusive for the UK, also including the 7" & bonus disc (which is a CD - listing says "All versions come with a full length bonus CD of Instrumentals"). Never had any issue with RT in the UK so I'm guessing its the NYC store that's the problem child!

https://roughtrade.com/gb/diiv/diiv-deceiver

Diiv tac

Edited by craigeduk

9 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Rough Trade has a different colour exclusive for the UK, also including the 7" & bonus disc (which is a CD - listing says "All versions come with a full length bonus CD of Instrumentals"). Never had any issue with RT in the UK so I'm guessing its the NYC store that's the problem child!

https://roughtrade.com/gb/diiv/diiv-deceiver

Diiv tac

I imagine Rough Trade in US will align with the UK one just with a different galaxy color it would appear.  And with that being /1200, I would assume the US blue galaxy version will also by /1200.  

29 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that the Is The Is Are "wraparound" cover was the most cumbersome and obnoxious thing to store and not accidentally rip.

I pulled it out yesterday and I forgot what a pain it is. I had removed the inner sleeves and put them outside the sleeve so that I could get to the records without taking the whole sleeve out and having to deal with the wrap.

1 hour ago, poweredbytrust said:

as an EU mainlander, RT UK comes out to about 33€ shipped compared to 25€ for the CT exclusives. That makes the choice pretty obvious for me, even though I'd love the 7" and the obi really isn't that mindblowing at all..

I hope more Usa label will use DHL international in the future!! Ordered to save some bucks even the color isn't my favourite..

Edited by daniele

5 hours ago, ethereal said:

what’s with all these “galaxy” variants over the past few months?

it’s slowly becoming the new splatter

That’s exactly what happens when a, not sure which one, prominent pressing plant offers something new, and at a discount rate. Not necessarily a bad look, seen some cool “galaxy” pressings, but when shit like this happens, it salts the overall aesthetic of it. 

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Nice. Loving that artwork too.

I dig that art way more than the album cover, to be honest.

Single is interesting.  Not at all what I turn to DIIV for; has way more grungy guitar with a slower approach.  As a fan of True Widow and the likes, I’m not complaining.  I just think it’s going to be a substantial jump in style compared to Oshin vs. ITIA.

• 4 weeks later...