PO NOW: DIIV - Deceiver (out on October 4th)

28 minutes ago, jrodan said:

the three songs released are already infinitely more interesting to me than last album. this shit is really good.

Aw man, really?  Is The Is Are has held up so well for me.  It’s packed with a lot of content but I get pretty great mileage out of it start to finish.  Glad you’re digging the new sound though.  I haven’t listened to this new single yet but will be doing so shortly.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Aw man, really?  Is The Is Are has held up so well for me.  It’s packed with a lot of content but I get pretty great mileage out of it start to finish.  Glad you’re digging the new sound though.  I haven’t listened to this new single yet but will be doing so shortly.

i think maybe that came off as too harsh against ITIA. i have loved diiv since they were dive and preordered the blue copy of oshin way back when. then ITIA came out and i enjoyed, but maybe not to the extent i loved oshin. to me, part of it came off bloated and it lost some of the things i loved about the band. it still holds up well for me and i looooove some songs on it. just doesnt have the complete replay value that oshin has for me. as for these three new songs, i don't think they necessarily constitute a new sound, but the fat seems trimmed off again. all three are just perfectly constructed imo. so i am back to being mega ultra excited about the band. 

*also, i saw the band when they were touring on ITIA and they were absolutely horrible, which also soured me to the album for a bit.

Edited by jrodan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Not quite as colorful as the mockup but I like it a lot.

Yeah, it's a different kind of swirl but in my book the actual result fits the cover art even better.

My copy has been stuck in German customs for a couple days now, hope it gets here soon.

Edited by poweredbytrust

58 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah. Looks good. I cancelled the RT version and kept that one as my order. I think that was a Good call.

Same boat on all accounts.

Just now, poweredbytrust said:

Yeah, it's a different kind of swirl but in my book the actual result fits the cover art even better.

Absolutely.  I see a smidge of blue in there.  Makes me interested to see the potential variations, but I wouldn’t be the least bit disappointed if my copy ended up looking like the one above.

Still haven’t listened to that last single yet.  Really keen to sit stream this Thursday night.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Same boat on all accounts.

Absolutely.  I see a smidge of blue in there.  Makes me interested to see the potential variations, but I wouldn’t be the least bit disappointed if my copy ended up looking like the one above.

Still haven’t listened to that last single yet.  Really keen to sit stream this Thursday night.

The other side probably has mostly blue too with hints of red/yellow. Usually the case with triple merge variants.

On 10/1/2019 at 9:55 AM, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah CT version looks a lot better than its “mockup”.  

still sticking with RT for the bonus disc of instrumentals

42 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Both variants look great.  Going with rough trade for the instrumentals.  

you should go for the rough trade for the instrumentals.