PO NOW: DIIV - Deceiver (out on October 4th)

This hasn't really grabbed me yet - although "Taker" was already great and "Blankenship" seemed to stand out as unique and heavier than the rest of the album - a favorite. I'm not getting a sense that overall the album is heavier than other albums, though. Just haven't spent as much time with it as some of you, I guess.

Just want to bump to say this may be my aoty - I’ve never heard DIIV before... think I tried to listen to Oshin and didn’t dig it at all.

I ordered 2 copies of the deluxe because I seriously feel I’m going to wear one out.  But, it’s incredibly catchy and may honestly outdo the MBV type of guitar that Shields perfected back in the day.

I love being absolutely surprised and this one did that to me and I basically haven’t stopped listening to it since it dropped. 

2 hours ago, thetrackt said:

Just want to bump to say this may be my aoty - I’ve never heard DIIV before... think I tried to listen to Oshin and didn’t dig it at all.

I ordered 2 copies of the deluxe because I seriously feel I’m going to wear one out.  But, it’s incredibly catchy and may honestly outdo the MBV type of guitar that Shields perfected back in the day.

I love being absolutely surprised and this one did that to me and I basically haven’t stopped listening to it since it dropped. 

This is a great album but you leave shields out of it

3 hours ago, thetrackt said:

Try out Lovesick by Tennis System for the best MBV guitars this year. The way you talk about this you'll love that.

• 2 weeks later...