PO: Black Sabbath Vinyl Box (First 8 Studio Albums)

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Black-Sabbath-The-Black-Sabbath-Vinyl-Collection-1970-1978-Numbered-Limited-Edition-180g-9LP-1-7-Vinyl-Box-Set/productinfo/RHILP85195/

Coming September 6, 2019 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately! 

Numbered, Limited Edition 9LP Box Set Contains The First 8 Studio Albums + A New Mono Singles Collection!
Includes 7" Vinyl Single "Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games WIth Me)" b/w "Wicked World"!

When Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward formed Black Sabbath in 1969, the quartet conjured a primal sound that was heavier, louder and more menacing than anything that had come before. The band recorded a series of metal masterpieces in the '70s that became the blueprint for heavy music and influenced generations of headbangers for years to come.

Rhino's new collection spans the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers' first eight years with a nine-LP boxed set that includes 180-gram vinyl pressings of the band's eight studio albums from the era, along with a new mono singles collection. The set also comes with a 7" single featuring "Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)" and "Wicked World", a single that wasn't originally released in North America. Also included in the set are reproductions of the original tour books from this era.

The collection brings together some of the most powerful metal albums ever recorded, including the band's eponymous debut (1970); the multi-platinum landmark Paranoid (1970); the platinum albums Master Of Reality (1971), Vol. 4 (1972), and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973); the gold-certified Sabotage (1975); plus Technical Ecstasy (1976) and Never Say Die! (1978)

These albums contain a long list of metal classics, like "Black Sabbath", "War Pigs", "Iron Man", "Paranoid", "Sweet Leaf", "Children Of The Grave", "Into The Void", "Changes", "Supernaut", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", "Never Say Die" and "Dirty Woman".

THE VINYL COLLECTION 1970-1978 also comes with Monomania, a new compilation of mono versions for several key songs from the Black Sabbath canon, including edited versions of "Iron Man", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" and a previously unreleased edit of "Into The Void". In addition to mono versions of studio tracks, Monomania also features a radio ad released in 1970 to promote Black Sabbath. 

Features:
• Numbered, Limited Edition 10 Disc Box Set
• Limited To 3000 Copies
• 180g Vinyl LPs
• LP 1: Black Sabbath (1970) 
• LP 2: Paranoid (1971) 
• LP 3: Master Of Reality (1971) 
• LP 4: Vol 4 (1972) 
• LP 5: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974) 
• LP 6: Sabotage (1975) 
• LP 7: Technical Ecstasy (1976) 
• LP 8: Never Say Die! (1978) 
• LP 9: "MONOMANIA" (The Black Sabbath mono singles compilation LP) 
• 7" Single 45rpm: "Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)"/"Wicked World"

LP 1: Black Sabbath (1970)
Side A:

1. Black Sabbath
2. The Wizard
3. Wasp / Behind The Wall Wf Sleep / Bassically / N.I.B. (2015 Remaster)
Side B:
1. Wicked World
2. A Bit Of Finger / Sleeping Village / Warning (2015 Remaster) 

LP 2: Paranoid (1971) 
Side A:

1. War Pigs / Luke's Wall (2014 Remaster)
2. Paranoid (2016 Remaster)
3. Planet Caravan (2013 Remaster)
4. Iron Man (2014 Remaster) 
Side B:
1. Electric Funeral (2013 Remaster)
2. Hand of Doom (2013 Remaster)
3. Rat Salad (2013 Remaster)
4. Jack the Stripper / Fairies Wear Boots (2013 Remaster) 

LP 3: Master Of Reality (1971) 
Side A:

1. Sweet Leaf
2. After Forever
3. Embryo
4. Children Of The Grave
Side B:
1. Orchid
2. Lord Of This World
3. Solitude
4. Into The Void 

LP 4: Vol 4 (1972) 
Side A:

1. Wheels Of Confusion
2. Tomorrow's Dream
3. Changes
4. FX
5. Supernaut 
Side B:
1. Snowblind
2. Cornucopia
3. Laguna Sunrise
4. St. Vitus' Dance
5. Under The Sun / Every Day Comes And Goes

LP 5: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974) 
Side A:

1. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
2. A National Acrobat
3. Fluff
4. Sabbra Cadabra 
Side B:
1. Killing Yourself To Live
2. Who Are You?
3. Looking for Today
4. Spiral Architect

LP 6: Sabotage (1975) 
Side A:

1. Hole In The Sky
2. Don't Start (Too Late)
3. Symptom Of The Universe
4. Megalomania 
Side B:
1. The Thrill Of It All
2. Supertzar
3. Am I Going Insane (Radio)
4. The Writ 

LP 7: Technical Ecstasy (1976) 
Side A:

1. Back Street Kids
2. You Won't Change Me
3. It's Alright
4. Gypsy 
Side B:
1. All Moving Parts (Stand Still)
2. Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
3. She's Gone
4. Dirty Women 

LP 8: Never Say Die! (1978) 
Side A:

1. Never Say Die
2. Johnny Blade
3. Junior's Eyes
4. A Hard Road 
Side B:
1. Shock Wave
3. Over To You
4. Breakout
5. Swinging The Chain 

LP 9: MONOMANIA (The Black Sabbath mono singles compilation LP) 
Side A:

1. Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)*
2. Wicked World
3. The Wizard
4. Iron Man 
Side B:
1. Paranoid
2. Into The Void**
3. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
4. It's Alright
5. Radio Spot For Black Sabbath Warner Bros. Album WS 1871 

7" Vinyl Single:
Side A: Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)
Side B: Wicked World

*Not originally released in North America
**Previously unreleased

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

I guess if you don't have any of their albums this might be good to get, but I don't see anything all that special about this box. They could have done a lot more to make sucker Sabbath fans, like myself, to re-buy all of these.

Agreed.  When I saw this post, I felt instant buyers remorse for buying their first 6 records recently.  After checking this out, I’m good. 

32 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I guess if you don't have any of their albums this might be good to get, but I don't see anything all that special about this box. They could have done a lot more to make sucker Sabbath fans, like myself, to re-buy all of these.

Yuuuup!

Now, if they did a post-Ozzy Sabbath collection like this I'd be likely to get it. I don't have too much of that stuff on vinyl and it'd be nice to get it all in one go, though I prefer Ozzy era stuff.

31 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

You'll pay for the first 8 but only listen to the first 5

Hey now! Sabotage is a perfectly fine Sabbath album.

53 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Macho dick is more like it. Fuck off. 

OOOOOOOH, OUI MON FRERE!

I get it though, rather than coming here and actually talking about Sabbath and the box set I'm supposed to say, "I'm still happy with my first presses!! No need to get this!!" And contribute nothing really.

Got it!!

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

21 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Hey now! Sabotage is a perfectly fine Sabbath album.

Honestly, For me,  it's more of that idea that you listen more to the original albums that got you into a band in the first place. My dad had the first 5 sabbath records and when he introduced me to them, I legit thought there was no other Black Sabbath stuff after Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Then when I got to college I started seeing sabotage, mob rules, etc. I listened to them and thought they were ok, I did like Sabotage more than the others though. It took me way too long to even touch Heaven and Hell and I kick myself every time I hear it cause it's that good. 

Just now, roadmonkey said:

Honestly, For me,  it's more of that idea that you listen more to the original albums that got you into a band in the first place. My dad had the first 5 sabbath records and when he introduced me to them, I legit thought there was no other Black Sabbath stuff after Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Then when I got to college I started seeing sabotage, mob rules, etc. I listened to them and thought they were ok, I did like Sabotage more than the others though. It took me way too long to even touch Heaven and Hell and I kick myself every time I hear it cause it's that good. 

Right on. I get that for sure. I definitely mostly listen to the first 6, but I feel like kind of an outlier in that I listen to Vol. 4 the least.