9 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Just noticed it is also neon magenta. Same as the Germany and Australia variants.

At first I thought it was more purple than the magenta then after reading your post then the details, you're right dude. Glad I held off.. Fyi, the neon magenta is out of 3000 copies, not very limited lol

Edited by RecordsandIPA

8 minutes ago, RecordsandIPA said:

At first I thought it was more purple than the magenta then after reading your post then the details, you're right dude. Glad I held off.. Fyi, the neon magenta is out of 3000 copies, not very limited lol

Not at all. But I'm glad we finally know the numbers. I'm curious how limited the hot splatter variant is.

3 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

So this is the same as the Aussie variant even though it is says it is limited to UO ? So confusing . 

Here's the quote from UO " Blink-182 reunites for their latest album, Nine, available exclusively at UO on 3000 limited units of 140 gram neon magenta vinyl "

1 hour ago, RecordsandIPA said:

Here's the quote from UO " Blink-182 reunites for their latest album, Nine, available exclusively at UO on 3000 limited units of 140 gram neon magenta vinyl "

I suspect there is some detail they are leaving out like there are 3000 world wide and 1500 are exclusive to UO as it would be asinine for Germany , Australia and UO to all press different presses that are the same color . 

2 hours ago, exileinoblivion said:

I suspect there is some detail they are leaving out like there are 3000 world wide and 1500 are exclusive to UO as it would be asinine for Germany , Australia and UO to all press different presses that are the same color . 

The German exclusive (Impericon) was limited to 300. Also neon magenta. No word on the pressing numbers for the Australia one (JB Hi-Fi).

Edited by ckraus333

11 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

The German exclusive (Impericon) was limited to 300. Also neon magenta. No word on the pressing numbers for the Australia one (JB Hi-Fi).

I just spoke with Cristina from UO about the color. I copied and pasted the convo below ( for all the variant collectors )  She wasn't much help but I ordered a copy from UO just in case what she said is correct and it is more purple " Blush " as she calls it..

8:38 AM

any idea as to why it says " exclusive to UO " if its the same color as all the other Neon Magentas?

8:40 AM

This color should ONLY be offered by us. What other store has the same color?

Cristina R-

8:41 AM

Germany Impericon And Aussie JBhifi both have exclusive Neon Magenta

May I have the links please

Cristina R-

8:42 AM

Sure, https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/punk-hardcore/nine-limited-edition-neon-magenta-colour-jb-hi-fi-australian-exclusive-vinyl/393505/

8:44 AM

As you can see this are two different colors. Ours is a more purple than pink

Cristina R-

8:44 AM

Isn't that just a mock up photo? 

8:45 AM

Yes but our color code is blush, we only describe it as a neon magenta

Cristina R-

8:46 AM

So yours will be a different color then the one I bought from jbhifi even tho they are both Neon Magenta??

8:47 AM

Correct 

Cristina R-

8:47 AM

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Cristina R-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by RecordsandIPA

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

GOT ‘EM.

Someone gave the bot the ability to write a zinger.  This is some uncanny valley shit.

Hop in a bathtub, dude.

Nah dude after the bot you can speak to a representative. I also screened shot the convo too but not sure how to add the pictures.  Dunno why you gotta be hating, there are a ton of serious blink collectors amongst us.

1 minute ago, RecordsandIPA said:

Nah dude after the bot you can speak to a representative. I also screened shot the convo too but not sure how to add the pictures.  Dunno why you gotta be hating, there are a ton of serious blink collectors amongst us.

Yeah, and I totally get that.  It’s that one guy’s entire shtick here on the boards, and we’re all free to do what we’d like with our money.  I’ve been trying really hard to not remind everyone that this new album is going to be verifiable horse shit, but full collections “must be preserved” and whatever.  Sure.  Regardless of the band, though, I’m just struggling to imagine (or in this case, read about) someone splitting hairs with customer service over a shade of pink.  I was imagining what must’ve been going through her head and when I got to the part where you asked for a link I physically sweated a little.  She did her job and she did it well, I’ll give her that much.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, and I totally get that.  It’s that one guy’s entire shtick here on the boards, and we’re all free to do what we’d like with our money.  I’ve been trying really hard to not remind everyone that this new album is going to be verifiable horse shit, but full collections “must be preserved” and whatever.  Sure.  Regardless of the band, though, I’m just struggling to imagine (or in this case, read about) someone splitting hairs with customer service over a shade of pink.  I was imagining what must’ve been going through her head and when I got to the part where you asked for a link I physically sweated a little.  She did her job and she did it well, I’ll give her that much.

You're teasing him for calling customer service yet you spend time posting in threads about records you don't even care about. Get off your high horse dude.

Just now, ckraus333 said:

You're teasing him for calling customer service yet you spend time posting in threads about records you don't even care about. Get off your high horse dude.

One of these scenarios is easily accessible on a public forum that can be browsed for leisure.  The other requires the time and energy of an hourly associate who likely has real-world inquiries to address for their company’s customers.  What is the point you’re striving to make here?

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was imagining what must’ve been going through her head and when I got to the part where you asked for a link I physically sweated a little.  She did her job and she did it well, I’ll give her that much.

She asked ME for the link!!! Hahahaha..  She couldn't believe someone else was selling there exclusive color!!! SMH, I asked 3 questions the rest was all her! 

2 minutes ago, RecordsandIPA said:

She asked ME for the link!!! Hahahaha..  She couldn't believe someone else was selling there exclusive color!!! SMH, I asked 3 questions the rest was all her! 

Yikes.

The chat log is formatted pretty confusingly if that’s the case.  Kudos to Cristina for being so thorough I guess.

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

HAHAHAHAHA that's wild.

SMH.  UO is legend.  There customer service is unmatched over their.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yikes.

The chat log is formatted pretty confusingly if that’s the case.  Kudos to Cristina for being so thorough I guess.

Yea, the format is a bit confusing from the copy and paste but she says everything with her name at the end.

8:40 AM

This color should ONLY be offered by us. What other store has the same color?

Cristina R-

Germany Impericon And Aussie JBhifi both have exclusive Neon Magenta

May I have the links please

Cristina R-

I only told her what she asked for, she asked me which stores and for the links...

That’s fine, and on me for misinterpreting.  My mistake.

Going to be serious in a Blink thread for a moment.  At this stage in the game, it’s hardly about the music.  Take a deep, honest look in the mirror and tell me if this album is shaping up to be subjectively “good” in any fashion.  I left the California thread alone because – for as much as Blink-182 may not be for me – I know plenty of people who actually insist the album is solid.  It’s (allegedly) fun, consistent, and has replay value.  I’m not in the business of trying to force someone to dislike an album they actually enjoy.

But even hardcore Blonk bois seem to be on the fence with this album’s singles thus far; and rightfully so.  To say something like “eh I like 1 of the 4 singles but hopefully the rest will grow on me”, then still throw down the money and lose sleep over pursuing a complete set for it?  Yeah, I’m going to ridicule that.  At that point it’s more about the pissing match and ability to flex that you’ve got both shades of pink and all the cool / hot splatter variants for a band that’s irrelevant in 2019.  Not directly suggesting that this is your angle, specifically, but the thread reeks of it.

Edited by Derek™

17 minutes ago, RecordsandIPA said:

You went above and beyond the call of duty on this one man but glad you did . I do suspect all 3 variants will be same color but who knows. I have ordered the Aussie one and will probably order UO one eventually when I get around to ordering the Greyscale record from them as well but am not in rush . 

Just now, Derek™ said:

That’s fine, and on me for misinterpreting.  My mistake.

Going to be serious in a Blink thread for a moment.  At this stage in the game, it’s hardly about the music.  Take a deep, honest look in the mirror and tell me if this album is shaping up to be subjectively “good” in any fashion.  I left the California thread alone because – for as much as Blink-182 may not be for me – I know plenty of people who actually insist the album is solid.  It’s (allegedly) fun, consistent, and has replay value.  I’m not in the business of trying to force someone to dislike an album they actually enjoy.

But even hardcore Blonk bois seem to be on the fence with this album’s singles thus far; and rightfully so.  To say something like “eh I like 1 of the 4 singles but hopefully the rest will grow on me”, then still throw down the money and lose sleep over over pursuing a complete set for it?  Yeah, I’m going to ridicule that.  At that point it’s more about the pissing match and ability to flex that you’ve got both shades of pink and all the cool / hot splatter variants for a band that’s irrelevant in 2019.  Not directly suggesting that this is your angle, specifically, but the thread reeks of it.

To each their own but I think this album will be at least really good . I love what I hear from the album so far at least minus the last single .  I gave up on having even half of the blink variants around the time MTS pressed their stuff so I have no stake in that game but do think it is hilarious with all the colors on the cover we have 3 exclusives basically the same color. 

3 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

To each their own but I think this album will be at least really good . I love what I hear from the album so far at least minus the last single .  I gave up on having even half of the blink variants around the time MTS pressed their stuff so I have no stake in that game but do think it is hilarious with all the colors on the cover we have 3 exclusives basically the same color. 

That is another part of it.  For better or worse that album art pops.  There are a lot of potentially cool things to do with variants, and I’m personally indecisive when there are multiple appealing options for a release I’m interested in.  I end up double-dipping pretty often so I’m not knocking that.  But we’re talking blush right? – Like a muted pink?  What a weak contribution.  Going out of your way to purchase and own it goes back to the questionable flexing in my post above.  At this stage there could be a “record show exclusive” putty-gray version /50 and this thread would be frothing at the mouth for it, and to me that’s whack.

1 hour ago, ckraus333 said:

New "neon pink" variant up. I assume this is the same as the "neon magenta" one.

https://blink182merch.com/products/nine-neon-pink-lp

Slight hue differential detected. Execute post protocol: Pink.Blonk4.exe "neon magenta"