Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hot Color Splatter (blink webstore) SOLD OUT
Neon Pink, Neon Magenta, Blush  
Orange Marble (blink webstore)
Black

 

Blush is limited to 3000 at Urban Outfitters (US)

Neon Magenta is limited to 300 at Impericon (DE) and exclusive to JB Hi-Fi (AU)

Neon pink (blink webstore)

Edited by ckraus333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Not to sound like a jerk, but I think you mean "would have," or "would've." "Would of" isn't correct in any context I can think of.

Lol you're good, dude. Grammar is important. 

Edited by lostcrimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On initial listen it's a lot more pop-rock focused than I assumed it would be. I thought for sure this was gonna be Billie Elish with guitars. The first half of the record is cool, but then I Really Wish I Hated You throws the record into an electronic-y funk.

 

I'm going to give a few more listens because it's interesting. I'm not a Skiba hater in the least and think he added a good change of pace to California, but I honestly think if Tom was still in the band and they put out this exact record with his vocals on it I'd like it a lot more off-the-bat. Seems like it could've been a neat follow up to the Blink 182 album in that regard, but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, famousdrumer said:

kingdom leaks

Thanks ! only got thru the first 8 songs tonight as I gotta hit the hay but love most of the first 8 songs. The first song is boring but beyond that like this more then Neighboorhoods but not near as much as california . But only half way thru. I am skipping 9 as that might be worst blink song ever though.  Black rain is a exceptional track . Suspect that might be the best song on the album as it one of the better blink songs period.

Edited by exileinoblivion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CVHX said:

just listened to the leak. this album sucks. expected it though. RIP blink 182.

 

edit: i would also like to add, somehow i didnt see this before, some forty-something year olds named a song "on some emo shit." yikes..

I was also wondering why Mark continues to write these sad teenage breakup songs when the guy has been happily married for like 20 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Looking forward to hearing this. Seeing a lot of people like this album.

Finished it this morning . While people on here seem to dislike it I really like it . Not as much as the very best Blink albums like dude ranch or California but more then the self titled or Neighborhoods .  Really like the last 5-6 or so songs of the album as that is the best part of the album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve listened about two full time, and I still don’t know how I feel about it. I don’t hate it, but I definitely don’t love it. There are some straight bangers on the record, but for every good track there are like three fillers. Honestly, I was expecting this album to be much worse so I guess I’m content with the record. Haha 

 

13 hours ago, exileinoblivion said:

Thanks ! only got thru the first 8 songs tonight as I gotta hit the hay but love most of the first 8 songs. The first song is boring but beyond that like this more then Neighboorhoods but not near as much as california . But only half way thru. I am skipping 9 as that might be worst blink song ever though.  Black rain is a exceptional track . Suspect that might be the best song on the album as it one of the better blink songs period.

The second half of the record is definitely where the album picks up, for me anyway. And I’d have to agree, I really dig Black Rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for pre-ordering “Blink-182  - NINE (Limited Edition Neon Magenta Colour JB Hi-Fi Australian Exclusive Vinyl)” through JB Hi-Fi Online!

 

Our suppliers have contacted us in regards to this item and unfortunately they have advised that the release date for this title has now been pushed back.

 

This item is now set for release 27/09/2019. Please note that this date may also be subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after hearing that awful chainsmokers single and the imagine dragons wannabe single I had no hope for this record. I'm actually quite surprised how many of these other songs I enjoy. still it will never be blink 182 to me with Matt Skiba, there still is hope though that they can write decent pop-punk/rock songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, famousdrumer said:

after hearing that awful chainsmokers single and the imagine dragons wannabe single I had no hope for this record. I'm actually quite surprised how many of these other songs I enjoy. still it will never be blink 182 to me with Matt Skiba, there still is hope though that they can write decent pop-punk/rock songs. 

I must admit perplextion over what chainsmokers or imagine dragons have to do with Blink. Matt is a superior musician to Tom ( really one of the best in terms of song writing of the last 20 years IMO ) and he has breathed new life into Blink IMO . But to each thier own . I do think there is a good mix of pop punk , indie rock and hard rock on this album which was the last album's strength as well. With Tom the last few albums were mostly indie/emo rock like Angels and Airwaves is . Which don't get me wrong I like AVA but they don't hold a candle to Blink. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exileinoblivion said:

I must admit perplextion over what chainsmokers or imagine dragons have to do with Blink. Matt is a superior musician to Tom ( really one of the best in terms of song writing of the last 20 years IMO ) and he has breathed new life into Blink IMO . But to each thier own . I do think there is a good mix of pop punk , indie rock and hard rock on this album which was the last album's strength as well. With Tom the last few albums were mostly indie/emo rock like Angels and Airwaves is . Which don't get me wrong I like AVA but they don't hold a candle to Blink. 

They were saying that two of the singles they heard sounded like those two bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×