PO: Death Cab For Cutie - The Blue EP

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

already pre-ordered but from Barsuk. Shipping is only like $3 on there. the dcfc store shipping is expensive.

Thanks for the heads up! Just grabbed it from there.

Anybody know if these are B-Sides from Thank You For Today? Seems a little soon for new material already.  I think that's what The Open Door EP is for Narrow Stairs, and that came out shortly after Narrow Stairs.

Either way I'm in. I loved TYFT.

Edited by kylet

5 minutes ago, kylet said:

Thanks for the heads up! Just grabbed it from there.

Anybody know if these are B-Sides from Thanks You For Today? Seems a little soon for new material already.  I think that's what The Open Door EP is for Narrow Stairs, and that came out shortly after Narrow Stairs.

Either way I'm in. I loved TYFT.

email from the band said they recorded these last winter i think

1 minute ago, CVHX said:

Damn. That's super soon to be hitting the studio after dropping an LP in the late summer. Hopefully these guys don't become the new Weezer and just churn out an LP every 9 months and release complete garbage. 

At least in my group of friends the general feelings towards TYFT was pretty meh. I really like it. Especially coming off of Kintsugi, which didn't do much for me at all.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, copelandkid said:

i think there are a lot of erstwhile DCFC fans would say this has already been the case for a good 10-15 years already haha

I pretty much love everything except Kintsugi. Don't get my wrong,  Transatlanticism and Plans were the shit growing up, but now a days I'd actually prefer Narrow Stairs. I think that's their best album.

Weezer puts shit out annually for the sole purpose of "cashing in" on fans. Some of those albums are so mediocre at best, have no memorable parts, or anything. DCFC records don't seem to have dropped to that quality yet. I won't argue they're past their peak, but I still check out and enjoy most of their releases. I can't say the same for Weezer. 

Edited by kylet

On 7/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, copelandkid said:

i think there are a lot of erstwhile DCFC fans would say this has already been the case for a good 10-15 years already haha

We Have The Facts is in my all-time top 10 favorite albums, so as much as I don't wanna say this is necessarily the case, they sure haven't been putting out material similar to my preferred Death Cab sound in almost twenty years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 3:30 PM, CVHX said:

"'To The Ground' and 'Before The Bombs' were recorded during the album sessions for Thank You For Today and produced by Rich Costey. 'Kids In 99' and 'Blue Bloods' were produced by Peter Katis. "

Peter Katis being involved just sold me on the PO. 

• 3 weeks later...