PO NOW : Cult Of Luna - A Dawn to Fear (09/20)

PO is up on KRM :

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/metal-blade/artist/?id=960

US PO will be up lately

https://www.metalblade.com/cultofluna/

cq3aFmp.jpg

Cult of Luna "The Silent Man" (A Dawn to Fear pt. 1) On September 20th, Cult Of Luna will release their new album, A Dawn to Fear - the band's first material under their sole name since 2013's Vertikal 1&2. Building on twenty years of creating some of the most epic, emotive and inventive heavy music unleashed on the world, there is no denying that Cult Of Luna's A Dawn To Fear is a monster of a record. An album comprised of eight tracks running seventy-nine minutes, it embodies everything the band's faithful have come to expect from them while covering new ground. "Going into the process, we knew the album we wanted to make, an antithesis of what we've done before," says vocalist/guitarist and lead songwriter Johannes Persson. "For pretty much every album there's been a very concrete theme. We've known from the start the kind of story we wanted to tell, and I didn't want that to be the case. I've seen a lot of subtle changes and patterns in my own behavior and my own thinking the last couple of years, and I wanted this to be a completely spontaneous process. I just wanted to see what came out of me, and 'A Dawn To Fear' is the result of that."

Edited by archiced

Beside the boxset (that has the inverted colors artwork) there are two (slightly) different cover arts for the standard vinyl editions:

COVER 1:

spacer.png

COVER 2:

spacer.png

Here's a recap of all the variants:

- Artbook Boxset w/ 48 pages, Beige/Black Marbled Vinyl and 2xCD /2000 (Available on KRM EU, EMP and Metal Blade US)

W/ Cover 1:

- Clear/Black Splatter /100 (KRM EU Exclusive)

- Clear/Black Circle /200 (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

- Red/Black Marbled /300 (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

- Clear/Black Marbled /400 (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

- 180g Black /??? (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

W/ Cover 2:

- Clear Brown Marbled /300 (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

- Clear Yellowness /400 (KRM EU & EMP Exclusive)

- Blue/White/Black Marbled /300 (Metal Blade US Exclusive)

- Clear Gray Marbled/1000 (Metal Blade US Exclusive)

Standard editions include gatefold jacket, 20-page booklet and digital download card.

Edited by fizio59

What?? Did the EU colored variants sold out already? Cant be? They are now all gone from the store. That was faaast...

I would think that the artbook will be sold out too before official release date.

Edit: EMP store has some variants left: https://www.emp.co.uk/search?q=A+dawn+to+fear

Edited by Portsi

Yeah this is frustrating, I want to get that 180g black before it's gone.  EMP has a black but doesn't mention it being 180g or anything.  Can anybody advise?

Solved!  Got the 180g black and the CD.  I forgot how awesome that new song is.  Wow.  What a day. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

I know it's still early in the game, but does anybody know if there's a chance to get the US releases from somewhere else than Indiemerch with less shipping costs to the EU? They charge 30$ for 2x2LP (blue & clear grey) that adds up to about 100$ for the two, which is about half the price I paid for the seven EU versions. 

The EU versions are on Nuclear Blast, Napalm and EMP already – does Metalblade do the same in the US?

4 hours ago, solitaryreign said:

I know it's still early in the game, but does anybody know if there's a chance to get the US releases from somewhere else than Indiemerch with less shipping costs to the EU? They charge 30$ for 2x2LP (blue & clear grey) that adds up to about 100$ for the two, which is about half the price I paid for the seven EU versions. 

The EU versions are on Nuclear Blast, Napalm and EMP already – does Metalblade do the same in the US?

Doubtful. 

When Metal Blade released the last ITTCT album, they didn't even allow US residents to buy EU variants.  You literally couldn't purchase them if you said you lived in the USA on the checkout page.