[PO] Telefon Tel Aviv - Dreams Are Not Enough

I honestly don’t think Josh can carry the project to the degree it was when Charles passed. I hate to be that guy but in the 10 years since he’s passed Josh has clenched tightly to the TTV moniker while not releasing music and maybe playing 1 show a year (at best)

i understand it’s a hard thing to have your musical partner pass unexpectedly but this dude has been profiting from the TTV name since then with nothing to show for it (even making sure to show it’s ONLY him on all music-affiliated sites)

and that brings me to the single, which sounds nothing like TTV and kinda proves this. I’ll reserve my final verdict for the whole thing, cuz who knows... but I don’t have high hopes.

/rant

Edited by ethereal

Not being a TTV fan previously, I quite like the new direction.

Also seems you're reading a bit into him still using the name. It could just be in honor of his highschool friend that he started a band with... the name and band has always been half his, so, sounds like he's free to do with the name what he wants. /shrug

Edited by rooks

22 hours ago, ethereal said:

I honestly don’t think Josh can carry the project to the degree it was when Charles passed. I hate to be that guy but in the 10 years since he’s passed Josh has clenched tightly to the TTV moniker while not releasing music and maybe playing 1 show a year (at best)

i understand it’s a hard thing to have your musical partner pass unexpectedly but this dude has been profiting from the TTV name since then with nothing to show for it (even making sure to show it’s ONLY him on all music-affiliated sites)

and that brings me to the single, which sounds nothing like TTV and kinda proves this. I’ll reserve my final verdict for the whole thing, cuz who knows... but I don’t have high hopes.

/rant

I super disagree with all of this. Not only is Josh a founding member, he hasn’t released anything really (bedsides maybe a single digitally) to be “profiting” from it. You said it yourself.

Also this single sounds very TTA, and picks up right where “Immolate Yourself” left off. They (I say “they” because Cooper also wrote Immolate) haven’t sounded like they did during “FFE” in years. This new track captures the new direction they were going perfectly imo.

The single is great and I’m super excited for this record.