PO: The Bird And The Bee - Interpreting The Masters Volume 2: Van Halen

I went to Bird And The Bee's concert last night in Hollywood (with Dave Grohl on drums).  It was a real love-fest for the band, lots and lots of friends and fans.

Dave was really cool the whole night.  At one point, singer Inara George saw a middle-aged woman in the corner near the front who was holding up a small sign.  Inara said "I'm not wearing my glasses, I can't read your sign, sorry", then she walked over to the woman and read the sign out loud.  It said something like "Dave, you're my Diamond Dave.   Could I have a drum stick please?"   

Anyway, Dave Grohl did that whole "aw, shucks!" thing, and walked sheepishly out to the front of the stage from behind the drum kit and gave the woman two drumsticks and a big hug.   The crowd went wild ....

The songs sounded great, btw.  

I would really like for Greg's Action Figure Party album to get a vinyl pressing. It's one of my favorite jazzy/funky (primarily instrumental) albums ever. If I were younger and cooler I'd even say that it slaps. It has  Sean Lennon, Miho Hatori (Cibo Matto), Flea, Jose Pasillas (Incubus), Yuval Gabay (Soul Coughing), and some other random musicians.

Sorry for the sidetrack.

• 5 months later...

Not a lot of action on this thread, but out of curiosity did anyone else pre order this album?

It has been an absolute shit show. This was supposed to ship in September but VNYL has given zero update. I emailed them right before thanksgiving to ask what was going on and they responded that the album was in hand and would ship first week of December.

Because of the holidays I honestly forgot about that email so I hit them up Monday when i realized it still has not shipped. VNYL's customer service gave me a completely different response that the album has not finished pressing and that they don't have an ETA on when this will ship.

It seems pretty bush league of VNYL to have a preorder go up 6 months ago claiming it would ship in September and never update the customers who purchased. In fact, until I sent my email the website still said "Shipping in September".  I tired DM'ing the Band to see if they had any details and they seem to be deflecting/distancing themselves from VNYL.

Was hoping to see if others were having the same issues, non answers from VNYL's customer service team.

Edited by Jkellyislegit
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, simple_torture said:

New repress of their self-titled album is available for pre-order now (with a supposed ship date of October). Not the color I voted for, but whatever; I missed it on RSD last year: https://slowdownsounds.com/products/the-bird-and-the-bee-repress-pre-order

The one I voted for, BUT I have the OG and the RSD repress.

Don’t need a third, but I like the color. 😄

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, jackshidt said:

The Bird And The Bee are re-releasing their first album in a cool bluish color vinyl pressing..

https://slowdownsounds.com/collections/bird-and-the-bee/products/the-bird-and-the-bee-repress-pre-order?

spacer.png

This was originally slated to be shipped in early October, but there was an update along the way that it might be delayed a bit; so I emailed yesterday and got a response right back. Things are looking up!

Hey Matthew,

Funny you shoot us a note, I’m currently putting together an email update that’ll go out this weekend. The record is on the presses in Cleveland and will be delivered to us in Los Angeles Monday. We’ll ship out as soon as we get them.

Sorry for the delay and thanks again for the purchase. We’re super pumped about this one!

Happy Listening,

Joel from SDS

On 7/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, jackshidt said:

The Bird And The Bee are re-releasing their first album in a cool bluish color vinyl pressing..

https://slowdownsounds.com/collections/bird-and-the-bee/products/the-bird-and-the-bee-repress-pre-order?

spacer.png

Got my tracking number for this today!