PO - Ariel Archives (Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti Reissue Series)

25 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

A rally of people with no evidence of fraud acting as pawns for their lord and savior who failed as a president.

A rally that led to the seditious act of people storming the Capitol wanting to hang the VP, trash and damage offices, steal congressional mail and artifacts, and where 5 people ended up dying. 

2 hours ago, Shelby American said:

I think its a marketing thing. There may be a bigger audience for liberal bullshit music on the left but the right are only allowed to listen to Kanye and Kid Rock. Less saturation equals greater profits despite a much smaller audience. Duh.

The right can't do better because artists have been censored, condemned, imprisoned, tortured & executed by reactionary-right/-orthodox authority since any of those things started to exist so there's a liberal bias.

Ariel can self-release or find some skinhead label to release his stuff. Hasn't stopped the Ducktails guy.

After defending refusal-of-service about gay cakes, they can't cry about being deplatformed. Almost as if actions have consequences anyone not on the right was predicting years ago. 

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

But maybe its because his music sucks?

LMAO I never listened to more than a couple of either his or Maus' albums but I do like the sad-boi lo-fi-bedroom-pop shtick (obviously reconsidering that at the moment) & b/w them I do think Ariel has some good songwriting chops when he tries.

I have regretted not getting that Maus vinyl box set until now though.

9 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

After defending refusal-of-service about gay cakes, they can't cry about being deplatformed. Almost as if actions have consequences anyone not on the right was predicting years ago. 

Private businesses make decisions that affect their business based on individuals public actions. Isn't that the invisible hand conservatives have been going on about for generations? 

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

I've tried different records over the years (he was always tight with Animal Collective - so I checked him out), but after that last BNM one that people were raving about, I decided its never gonna land with me. 

Yeah that was perplexing to me. I came to the conclusion that I love his Archival, demo-y stuff the most.  And thanks for reminding me of the AC connection. I was trying to figure out how it is that I felt that I've known about him for ages.

Meh, whatever. He's easier to give up because I'd only dipped my toes in his work a few times.

2 hours ago, deftbarley said:

More so it's a working relationship that one of the parties didn't want to continue. He's not cancelled.

Sure, that’s fine. I never liked his music but hope he finds a label a bit more inclusive and accepting. Probably a good thing for both parties

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sure, that’s fine. I never liked his music but hope he finds a label a bit more inclusive and accepting. Probably a good thing for both parties

Yea, I also hope that the person that openly supports a man who is neither inclusive NOR accepting finds a label that’s cool with that?

Do you even know what’s happening in the world? This dude didn’t get cancelled (or whatever) because he attended a (klan) rally, he did that amidst a pandemic, and openly supports the big orange douche. I don’t have to imagine him getting cancelled for simply “attending a rally” because the idiot went and made it a reality.

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He may find another label willing to release his music but to use the phrase “accepting” to describe someone who supports Trump is laughable

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

We all need to be more inclusive and accepting of fucking Nazis. Yeah, good call.

On the subject of cancelling, I will say that anyone who went to that racist insurrection on Wednesday or supports it or is too dumb to understand what it was and just calls it a "rally" should immediately be cancelled. 

Edited by mr. sincere

WHY EVERYONE BEING SO MEAN TO ME?!?!!?

LOL. Fuck him . Music was always meh at best. He's always been a POS anyways. And that interview with Carlson...another POS person...is a fuckin' joke. 

Boo fuckin' hoo. You laid down with dogs...be prepared to wake up with fleas. 

These kinds of dudes get off on LARPing as silenced and oppressed to after-the-fact justify their natural state of being awful blowhards. 

For some reason, I always lumped him in with Connan Mockasin (sic) as two blonde haired dudes whose music I could listen to for 5 minutes without my ears being able to process or identify anything. Sorry to CM for mentally pairing him with this dude.