Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends (Craft Recordings)

Our friends at Craft Recordings are releasing a remastered version of Tell All Your Friends on Oct 4! Craft + retail will have this in black vinyl, we have a limited color-morphing green and black that changes colors when you hold it up to the light! Online and on-tour while supplies last and available for pre-order now over at https://takingbacksundaystore.com/!

spacer.png

Edited by ckraus333

3 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Assuming they've finally gotten control of this album back from Victory, which is cool. Curious about the "color morphing" thing - have any other releases been described this way?

I’ve never seen it but it could be akin to this new “galaxy swirl” descriptor that a ton of labels are using as of late.  Gotta’ mix it up and keep the game fresh.

4 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Assuming they've finally gotten control of this album back from Victory, which is cool. Curious about the "color morphing" thing - have any other releases been described this way?

Maybe they wanted it to look cool but it turned out too dark so they're just making this up?

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

This is tempting since most Victory pressings suck. I'll wait for reviews and grab the black if it sounds better. Given my age, I surprisingly do not own a copy (mostly because people say the pressings sound like garbage).

I don't own anything they've done but I've heard craft recording presses aren't that good. 

16 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

I don't own anything they've done but I've heard craft recording presses aren't that good. 

Same, I always have heard they do poor quality work. I like the mockup though. 

Also, to add, I am not a fan of splits or pinwheel variants. 

Edited by V3XED

no "The Ballad of Sal Villanueva"

My Victory copy sounds decent enough.....this isn't exactly a sonically excellent recording.....Definitely sticking with my Victory copy for the bonus track (my fav song they've written) alone

just one grumpy old asshole's opinion though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

48 minutes ago, birdwell said:

no "The Ballad of Sal Villanueva"

My Victory copy sounds decent enough.....this isn't exactly a sonically excellent recording.....Definitely sticking with my Victory copy for the bonus track (my fav song they've written) alone

just one grumpy old asshole's opinion though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The /199 tan pressing? I got one of them. Got no gripes with it either.

39 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I have a first pressing gold I bought for $9.99 when I was making minimum wage in high school. Had to work almost 1.5 hours to afford it. Can I sell it for a ton of moneys?

I stole a copy of that first pressing, with the weird screen print cover that Victory was doing with all their vinyl releases at that time(2001-2004), from college radio station in Grinnell, Iowa in 2009. Other records acquired that night: first press of AAR S/T on Blue & Frog Eyes “The Golden River”. Great night.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a copy of the 6th press aqua green swirl if someone wants it. It's the variant that best matches the artwork imo. Listened to it once when I got it around the time it was released and don't recall it having any sound quality issues, but I can listen to it again if requested lol. $24 shipped? Let me know.

Edit: here are some pics.

Edited by wiscodeman

22 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

I have a copy of the 6th press aqua green swirl if someone wants it. It's the variant that best matches the artwork imo. Listened to it once when I got it around the time it was released and don't recall it having any sound quality issues, but I can listen to it again if requested lol. $24 shipped? Let me know.

Might be interested, any chance you could send me a pic?  Thanks!