The Beatles - Abbey Road ((50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition)

1 hour ago, jough said:

It does come with the book, doesn't it? The promo video on the Beatle's site doesn't show it, but retailer listings say that the 3LP boxed set (that's "limited" in some way) also comes with the book.

All the places I've seen don't mention that the book is included and there have been lots of complaints online about it

18 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Revolver is the Beatles album and its not even close. It's the balance of pop and forward thinking rock. All the songs are great and its less than 40 min. All killer no filler. 

Agreed. Though White Album is my favorite, this one is just pure gold from start to finish.

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

All the places I've seen don't mention that the book is included and there have been lots of complaints online about it

Egad, you're right. Makes the $85 price tag sting all the more, then. If there was any target market you'd want to include extra analogue media for, you'd think it would come with the vinyl...

As an aside, I’ve never been able to figure out how this album has been a top ten selling record for the past 15 years or whatever. Like, how is THIS Beatles album the ones that sells a shit ton every year. I know before the remasters a few years back, it was the only one that was regularly pressed (for some reason - that’s another question).

I’ve always assumed it because people bought it to frame it because the album art is iconic 

Edited by timsimmons

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

As an aside, I’ve never been able to figure out how this album has been a top ten selling record for the past 15 years or whatever. Like, how is THIS Beatles album the ones that sells a shit ton every year. I know before the remasters a few years back, it was the only one that was regularly pressed (for some reason - that’s another question).

I’ve always assumed it because people bought it to frame it because the album art is iconic 

I’m assuming it’s given as a gift a lot because of how well known the artwork it. Oh you like music? Here’s this Beatles album. 

18 hours ago, jough said:

It does come with the book, doesn't it? The promo video on the Beatle's site doesn't show it, but retailer listings say that the 3LP boxed set (that's "limited" in some way) also comes with the book.

No, the book is exclusive to the CD set. I also don't understand why. It looks like the CDs are placed directly into the book. I guess the 3LP set will be similar to the White Album set. Just the records and a thin booklet. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, timsimmons said:

As an aside, I’ve never been able to figure out how this album has been a top ten selling record for the past 15 years or whatever.

Because it's a perfect rock album. It predicts all the "heavy-pop" sounds that would rule the 70s: hard-rock, boogie-rock, early metal, stoner-rock, etc.

Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's also have iconic album covers and as far as that goes, Dark Side of The Moon has to still be the most iconic as far as poster art goes.

Edited by Ex-Quillette Grifter

Is everyone else digging the remix? I'm not calling it a remaster because they've really reworked the mix, too.

I know Steve Hoffman forum doctrine says "Actually remaster; don't mess with the OG mix" but I love all the heavy tweaking they've done to Abbey Road 2019. I really don't care that it's far away from any of the official mixes.

1 hour ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Is everyone else digging the remix? I'm not calling it a remaster because they've really reworked the mix, too.

I know Steve Hoffman forum doctrine says "Actually remaster; don't mess with the OG mix" but I love all the heavy tweaking they've done to Abbey Road 2019. I really don't care that it's far away from any of the official mixes.

Love the sound of Paul’s bass on it