Kickstarter for device that can quickly clean Vinyl Records

Hello, we have put up a kickstarter for the LP Polisher, a device that can effectively polish Vinyl Records. We figured you guys might be interested, so we decided to post it here. For more info, check out our Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/392205812/lp-polisher-vinyl-record-polisher

Dude. 

Listen. 

You provide absolutely ZERO list of ingredients in your "powder". Is it coke? Is that why this is so damn expensive? After watching the video and having zero idea what is actually cleaning the record, or the process... 

"You just move this thing up and down and voila" is essentially what you're saying. 

Zero  explanation. 

I'll just assume because your price point and lack of information - you won't be funded. 

13 minutes ago, Satan said:

Dude. 

Listen. 

You provide absolutely ZERO list of ingredients in your "powder". Is it coke? Is that why this is so damn expensive? After watching the video and having zero idea what is actually cleaning the record, or the process... 

"You just move this thing up and down and voila" is essentially what you're saying. 

Zero  explanation. 

I'll just assume because your price point and lack of information - you won't be funded. 

The powder is completely different to what's on the machine. We just threw it in as a reward for people who don't want to pay the 500$ for the actual machine but still want to fund the project. The actual device has a brush that's attached to the base that polishes the record. 

2 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I love when people come here, having never posted or contributed to the community before, and just try and peddle their shit.

I don’t mind it.  It makes for quality threads 99% of the time.

Edited by Derek™

"Records are fragile and can be damaged by dust" followed up in the Kickstarter with, "Hey dickheads, throw a bunch of powder on your records then run this brush over them. Lulz."

Also, "Removes small scratches completely." Booooooo. Liar. You can't just "remove a scratch." You're either taking mass away from the surrounding area, bad, or adding something to fill it in, possibly worse.

Explain or get the fuck outta here, brother.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

2 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

"Records are fragile and can be damaged by dust" followed up in the Kickstarter with, "Hey dickheads, throw a bunch of powder on your records then run this brush over them. Lulz."

Also, "Removes small scratches completely." Booooooo. Liar. You can't just "remove a scratch." You're either taking mass away from the surrounding area, bad, or adding something to fill it in, possibly worse.

Explain or get the fuck outta here, brother.

We'll never see him again.

9 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Thanks for showing me the digital model for this. Now I can build one myself for 30 bucks instead of spending 300. 🍻

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Engineering and being at a fab shop is great.