PO: clipping. - There Existed an Addiction to Blood

37 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Just got delivered. Its a really nice package. Obi. Tip on tri fold. The blood splatter looks just as advertised. Can't wait to play it later because this album is really fucking good. 

Did you say... tip on trifold? I have never come across one of those. If you're describing the right thing then this is definitely worth the price of admission. It might also be the unadvertised difference between regular and deluxe.

3 hours ago, djghost1976 said:

Hell yes, thank you so much! I was looking everywhere for a deluxe after waiting too long. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Now that this is officially out ima go ahead and call it my rap aoty. Shit its probably top 5 overall for me this year and it's been a good year. Stupid good.

It's so consistent.  I've been playing it all week and can't really find a point that it falters.

I'm reading that the introduction and interludes were removed from the vinyl as a sacrifice to maintain its volume.  I think I'm alright with that, but I'm also seeing that Piano Burning is on the record as well?  Can anyone confirm if it's the full 18 minute version?  If so, I think that could've totally been pruned to make room for the intro and interludes.

5 hours ago, timsimmons said:

It is on there and it’s all of side D

yeah, real bummer about the intro and interludes getting cut

Why would they do that? It certainly all fits on two discs...volume shouldn’t be a huge issue splitting 50 minutes between three sides 

Edited by DecayToDeath

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It's so consistent.  I've been playing it all week and can't really find a point that it falters.

I'm reading that the introduction and interludes were removed from the vinyl as a sacrifice to maintain its volume.  I think I'm alright with that, but I'm also seeing that Piano Burning is on the record as well?  Can anyone confirm if it's the full 18 minute version?  If so, I think that could've totally been pruned to make room for the intro and interludes.

Damn. The intro is probably the weakest they've done but it and two of the interludes are really fitting. Ah well. The Piano Burning kinda makes sense on the vinyl format more than digital at least. I know I'm much more inclined to put it on at home while I wind down from the first three sides and figure out what I'm gonna play next.

7 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Why would they do that? It certainly all fits on two discs...volume shouldn’t be a huge issue splitting 50 minutes between three sides 

Maybe it's 45rpm? Would be like 14-16 min per side. Certainly enough room for the 5 min they shaved off but maybe it is that big of a deal.

17 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Hm, I think I might have been listening to a different album than you guys...

Yeah literally everyone disagrees with you and pitchfork. The comments on their Facebook post with the review are all calling it wrong. It sounds like the reviewer is upset they don't say the n-word lmao

I bet Daveed fucked their mom and didn't call her back

Also looks like their last album was named one of the 33 best industrial albums of all time after they gave it a 5.3 in their review. Makes sense doesn't seem like they're trying harder than they make it sound like clipping. are.

Edited by Sunshine