PO: FLCL Soundtrack

btelg

Update 9/6:
Preorder is live!
US: https://www.rightstufanime.com/FLCL-Vinyl-Soundtrack
UK: https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/specials/products/flcl-vinyl-ltd-ed

------

I haven't seen this posted anywhere (apologies if it has been)  but apparently the FLCL soundtrack is (finally) getting pressed on vinyl.
Admittedly not much news has come out since this that I can find, but its still something!

Edited by btelg

Price is gonna be £39.99 which is about $50 US.  And that’s before shipping.  Expensive as hell but I gotta get this.  BUT apparently there are details about a North American retail version coming soon.

All this info is from a picture of a slide from a presentation All-Anime was doing at some con.  I have the picture still but for some reason I can’t login to upload pictures on Imgur anymore in my phone’s browser and for how often I upload photo’s I’m not downloading the app,  which is dumb but whatever.

Edited by Rip

26 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

They knew damn well that they could charge almost any price and that this will sell out. An  almost perfect OST like that doesn't come along too often either.

Yeah wasn't Cowboy Bebop like $250-500 or something a couple years ago? I feel like i read that that sold out too! $50 feels like a bargain by comparison.

55 minutes ago, btelg said:

Yeah wasn't Cowboy Bebop like $250-500 or something a couple years ago? I feel like i read that that sold out too! $50 feels like a bargain by comparison.

Yeah, you had to buy some ridiculous bundle to get it. I think it was timed presale though maybe? Not an exact number to sell out of. It was still a bummer.

I don't usually go in for OSTs, but I'd be in for this one, Cowboy Bebop if it ever gets a reasonable priced version, and Evangelion.

55 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yeah, you had to buy some ridiculous bundle to get it. I think it was timed presale though maybe? Not an exact number to sell out of. It was still a bummer.

I don't usually go in for OSTs, but I'd be in for this one, Cowboy Bebop if it ever gets a reasonable priced version, and Evangelion.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I dont do OST's but all three of those (at a reasonable price) would be instant buys

58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You guys are forgetting about Samurai Champloo.  That one completes the quintessential “I’m not a weeb but I do watch anime” OST collection you’ve all curated.

Nah, I enjoyed that show, but the soundtrack isn't anything I need to grab up. I'd be more likely to get something like Trigun than Champloo.

Also, totally not a weeb, but I sure do love me a bunch of anime and jrpgs. :P

3 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Haven't seen the series out of a complete lack of desire but I have heard the soundtrack and I will buy this

The original is literally like 4 episodes ok 6. Just watch it. It's so good.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, V3XED said:

As much as I want this.... I cant break the seal on soundtracks....

too dangerous to start down that rabbit hole. 

Dooooo it.  It’s worth it.  An easy way to limit yourself is to commit to just buying anime soundtracks or just horror soundtracks.  Something like that.  That’s pretty much all I do now.

15 minutes ago, V3XED said:

As much as I want this.... I cant break the seal on soundtracks....

too dangerous to start down that rabbit hole. 

I only buy soundtracks that I'll actually listen to--I copped Perfect Blue and listened to it once or so and that was my last of "anything I like" soundtrack purchases 

But I know I'll spin FLCL and Bebop like any other album and prob pretty regularly