PO: FLCL Soundtrack

btelg

11 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Def wanna grab this but already made a $40+ vinyl purchase this week. Any indication that it’s limited or so ya think I can wait?

They've said it's a one time pressing, haven't mentioned numbers though. I'd imagine it's relatively limited, but probably 1000+ if I had to guess.

I also spent a little too much this week, but this was a no-brainer for me.

57 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

They've said it's a one time pressing, haven't mentioned numbers though. I'd imagine it's relatively limited, but probably 1000+ if I had to guess.

I also spent a little too much this week, but this was a no-brainer for me.

Aight I’m sold; grabbed one

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Multiverse said:

YAY

I didn't even care much for the content of the new series but the soundtracks were so goddamned good 

I remembered not being super crazy about one season, and enjoying the other well enough. Can't remember which was which though.

Hey did they remaster FLCL vol. 1 for vinyl? Kinda worried it'll be the OG CD master & won't sound as good as it can.

Anyone cop any of those recent The Pillows vinyl releases in 2017? Those might be a clue....

P.S. Hope nothing I typed was too triggering for all the delicate pearl-clutchers desperate to seek offense under every rock & around every corner, divining intent & tone via text.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Hey did they remaster FLCL vol. 1 for vinyl? Kinda worried it'll be the OG CD master & won't sound as good as it can.

Anyone cop any of those recent The Pillows vinyl releases in 2017? Those might be a clue....

P.S. Hope nothing I typed was too triggering for all the delicate pearl-clutchers desperate to seek offense under every rock & around every corner, divining intent & tone via text.

All I could find was this from their info Page's FAQ:

— Can you talk about where the master tapes for the music being used in your release have come from?
The masters used for this vinyl record were supplied by our partners in Japan, King Records, who we have worked very closely with to ensure the best quality possible for this release.

My guess is this means probably no remaster unfortunately, but I could be wrong. Might not hurt to tweet them and ask though if you (or someone else in here) uses Twitter. They seem pretty active on there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Multiverse said:

Anyone else's corners come in smashed up? Shipping was gr8 so I feel like something happened at the warehouse 

Can’t speak for anyone else’s shipment but mine arrived in pristine condition. It was in shrink and then the whole package was wrapped generously in craft paper. Even the obi strip was in great shape and I always have bad luck with those. 

This caused me to look up if any albums by the pillows ever ended up on vinyl, and they actually put some out in the last couple years, going by discogs. Most of their best albums, which is where most of this soundtrack is culled from. Japan only, so it's not going to be cheap, but that may be the route I go instead of picking this up. I loved those albums back in the day and had even imported a lot of the CDs in the mid-2000s.

20 hours ago, obliriovrons said:

This caused me to look up if any albums by the pillows ever ended up on vinyl, and they actually put some out in the last couple years, going by discogs. Most of their best albums, which is where most of this soundtrack is culled from. Japan only, so it's not going to be cheap, but that may be the route I go instead of picking this up. I loved those albums back in the day and had even imported a lot of the CDs in the mid-2000s.

They're nice, I bought 'Happy Bivouac' and 'Little Busters'. Really want to get 'Fool on the Planet' now too. I recommend the proxy service FromJapan if you end up going that route.

Just now, obliriovrons said:

Yeah, that's the route I'm taking. What did shipping to the US end up being?

I'm not sure exactly, but when all was said and done I think I paid in the realm of $45-50 each for the two releases I bought--that's including retail price, proxy fees, domestic shipping in Japan, and international shipping to me.

2 minutes ago, batman said:

I'm not sure exactly, but when all was said and done I think I paid in the realm of $45-50 each for the two releases I bought--that's including retail price, proxy fees, domestic shipping in Japan, and international shipping to me.

Cool, about what I was expecting. I did Please Mr. Lostman to start because I think that's my favorite, just to try the service out and see how much the cost ended up being. But eventually I want to buy the whole vinyl run through Happy Bivouac, I love all of those albums a lot... I'd love it if they ended up doing Smile and Thank You My Twilight, too, though I dunno how likely that is.