Rok Lok Records: World's Fair "We Can't Be Magic" LP & Orua "Tudo Posso" 7 inch out now

WORLD'S FAIR "WE CAN'T BE MAGIC" LP

69dJkVi.jpg

o0HrHla.jpg

Even though it has been four years since the release of their debut album "Leisurely", Long Island indie rockers World's Fair have been diligently tinkering away, crafting new sounds all while balancing the responsibilities, and other interests of life. In the time allotted for the band to come together to create the last few years they have put together a collection of ten songs for their sophomore album, "We Can't Be Magic". Continuing to build upon the hook laden, guitar driven indie rock that was captured on their debut, "We Can't Be Magic" adds to its sonic repertoire as the album's songs shift from experimenting more with layered pop structures, a stronger focus on vocal arrangements to slower tempos and even "quieter" moments while coming back to its trademark swirling, distorted guitar sounds that is anchored by precise bass rumbles and dynamic yet purposeful drumming. World's Fair creates sounds that are reminiscent of bands such as Archers of Loaf, Built to Spill, Swirlies, Yuck, Sebadoh and on this album showing some post hardcore influences such as Hum and Lync. Limited to 250 copies A/B orange/black vinyl housed in a full color jacket with a full color insert and download code. The cassette version is available on Reflective Tapes. 

Listen here:
https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/we-cant-be-magic 

ORUA "TUDO POSSO" 7 INCH

yhzQgdM.jpg

For two decades this little label of mine Rok Lok Records has existed to not only document the music that inspires me but to also document the individuals and relationships behind the music. Every release I have done has a story about it, a story that revolves around the bonds that I have been fortunate to form over the years with the inspiring individuals who create this wonderful music and this release is certainly no different. This release is collaboration between two people who I have admired for many years, Le Almeida of Orua/Transfusão Noise Records and Nevin of IFB Records. I first met Nevin many years ago when his then killer band Merkit came through town and played my basement. For years we traded records with one another connecting through the spirit of DIY. At a time when it seemed lots of folks were into punk/hardcore for the wrong reasons it was clear that where Nevin and all of his endeavors were coming from the true heart of DIY punk/hardcore. And I was first introduced to Le Almeida by coming across his old Blogspot web page for his label Transfusão Noise Records. Every single release blew my mind. How were there so many bands from Brasil perfecting a type of fuzzy guitar indie noise pop that I hadn't heard since the 90s, and Le's fingerprints were all over everything whether he sang, played guitar, produced, etc.. He and his friends were creating something new and beautiful, "our Noise" they so affectionately called it. We traded releases and I still treasure all of those early cd-r and tape releases he sent my way. Le was kind enough to allow me to include one his projects, Babe Florida on the "I Know Why They Call It Pop" cassette compilation. Over the years I continued to follow his work and watch it grow, always wanting to help document more of his wonderful music. Which brings us to Orua... Based out of Brasil, Orua is a psychedelic indie rock trio. Hypnotic, wavy noisy guitars and chilled tempos that meshes the spacey layered rock of Built to Spill or all the slower tunes of Pavement's "Wowee Zowee" with a slo-core touch of Duster and noise freak outs akin to Sonic Youth. Orua has been making a buzz recently thanks in part to their recent tours opening for Built to Spill who of which they are also members of in the current iteration of Doug Martsch's long running indie band. "Tudo Posso" is a four song slab psychedelic indie sounds that culminates into a foray of sprawling free jazz. Limited to an edition of 500 and with hand screen covers. Co-released by IFB Records and Transfusão Noise Records.

Listen here:
https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/tudo-posso 

• 3 weeks later...

Distro arrivals:

-Bearchild "Time Travel" LP
-Le Almeida "Today as Brisas" LP
-Le Almeida "Paraleloplasmos" LP
-Tape Rec "Death Friends" LP
-Null "Sleepwalking Days" LP
-Jiyuana "This Desolate Veil" LP
-Sigh Down One "Memory Is Short Longing" LP
-The World is a Vampire "Trenchsewer b/w Heartshorn" LP
-Blueblack "III" CD
-World's Fair "We Can't Be Magic" cassette
-Mutant Scum "Mutant Scum" LP
-Casual Burn "Mean Thing" LP
-Vaureen "Extraterra" LP
-Olde Ghost "Use Your Illusion 3'N'4" LP

• 2 weeks later...

One week sale!! Ends Friday October 4th

BUY 1 release/distro title get the second for free (of equal or less value). Just add your free title to the comments section when checking out.

http://roklokrecords.com/ [roklokrecords.com] »
https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/ [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] »