THE REVEAL. Face To Face - Ignorance Is Bliss

Satan

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

ordered that sea blue last night because i joined that face to face(book) group a couple months ago when word was going around that this was getting pressed. so very excited. literally the only face to face album i still listen to. wish they always wrote songs like these. 

You should listen to Hold Fast, the acoustic LP they put out last year.  If you like IIB you may like that record too.

28 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

This is album is one of the more interesting releases in this genre due to how people flat out hated it when it came out and then like 10-15 years later everyone said it was maybe their best ( it is top 3 IMO ) and worship it now . 

Not trolling but I dislike this record as much as (if not more) than I did when it first came out. Glad the folks who enjoy it are getting this in their collections.

2 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

Not trolling but I dislike this record as much as (if not more) than I did when it first came out. Glad the folks who enjoy it are getting this in their collections.

Hey everyone has their own taste. In terms of music there really is only a small window of right / wrong as about 95% of music is just taste . Now crap like Nickelback or ICP or something goes beyond taste and into just being a bad person . J/K sorta .  

When I am reaching for a F2F album I grab the live album  , Over it , and protection in that order . The live album has all the best songs from the 3 first albums so go with it instead and it has my favorite song by them don't turn away ( as does over it ) 

1 hour ago, exileinoblivion said:

This is album is one of the more interesting releases in this genre due to how people flat out hated it when it came out and then like 10-15 years later everyone said it was maybe their best ( it is top 3 IMO ) and worship it now . 

I forgot how much people bagged on this record when it came out. I thought I was strange, because I really liked it. Man, I'm old.

They say great art is polarizing, you either love it to death or you go the other way and really hate it. Mediocrity is somewhere in the middle, the “whatever’s”. This album in particular seems to really bring that out. You either love this record, or you hate it, you rarely hear someone say IIB is just “okay”. As an artist, I would rather have people react to either extreme than just hear it and think it’s just “ok”