RESTITUTION AKA SCAMMER PLEA

Sturdy

Bringing this matter to light... again...

I am a former seller on this thread.

I want to express my sincere apology for the damage I have caused, financially, emotionally, and socially. 

My intentions were nothing but malicious, and I am here to hopefully open the floor for questions or comments on this matter.

If harm was caused, or you never received a refund from PayPal dispute, I am here to make things right. 

What I did was not right, and it was nothing but selfishness and self-centered action on my part. 

Thank you for listening. 

Edited by Sturdy

2 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

@Sturdy

You're just back here to make yourself feel better and nobody has anything for you here. You did shitty things to a bunch of people and I hope you've genuinely changed, but:

giphy.gif

okay,  i have forgiven myself for everything wrong i've done in the past.

not to make me feel better, but to pay back those who were never made whole.

i am very receptive of which ever way this sways. 

Y’all remember that Kentucky basketball fan that lived in orange beach and ran record scams for like a couple years. He did it on both the selling and buying side. Creating dozens of PayPal eBay and vc profiles. But they were always some sort of Kentucky basketball related. 

William Taylor

1717 Lindsey Road

Ste. A

Jacksonville, FL 32221

United States

William Taylor

266 BONNLYN DRIVE

Orange Park, FL 32073

United States

Edited by Tidal Wave

18 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Y’all remember that Kentucky basketball fan that lived in orange beach and ran record scams for like a couple years. He did it on both the selling and buying side. Creating dozens of PayPal eBay and vc profiles. But they were always some sort of Kentucky basketball related. 

William Taylor

1717 Lindsey Road

Ste. A

Jacksonville, FL 32221

United States

William Taylor

266 BONNLYN DRIVE

Orange Park, FL 32073

United States

is this him? 

18 hours ago, tokimedo said:

is this him? 

On 8/22/2019 at 6:19 AM, Tidal Wave said:

William Taylor

No, this is not me. Refer to this thread, but remember I am lying in this post. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, justin_cole12 said:

We're you the guy that was buying a bunch of records and then making PayPal claims to get your money back? If so you scammed me and you can fuck right off.

No, this is not me. Refer to this thread, but remember I am lying in this post. 

On 8/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

Give us a few more details.

The explanation that I had submitted on this post was a lie (this was my first and only response to the scammer thread).

Looking back, I was literally buying time to commit more crimes and keep the mob off my back for the time being, until PayPal disputes kicked in and I could run with the money.  I was a piece of shit who did shitty  things. 

I am not generating an excuse for what I did for mercy of anyone, but I am explaining what and why I had these motives to rob this beloved community of their hard earned money, and to pay back those members who are still at a loss (again, not to make me whole, but because it is due )

My life was already in shambles as I was active in my addiction, and I was hanging on by a thread.  I made a conscious effort to sell my entire vinyl discography to make ends meet (pay rent, eat, survive) while I searched for work after exiting the military. 

As I was selling both here on VinylCollective and Discogs, I generated a substantial amount of money to survive on and feedback - but I blew it all away on my addiction.  I was at wit's end, and demoralized by my self-defeat.  I came to terms that I was a loser and had no other means to go on.  The idea to scam the community became a vision in my head, and went through with it.  All of my sales were valid, until I ran out of discography around the time of (December 20?  2015).  That is when I began to deceive members by creating threads of vinyl I had already sold, and preying on want to buy threads by messaging members that I had owned what they were requesting, which was false. 

I used my good reputation to deceive further because the scamming process was working for the first week, until members started to catch on that i was not replying with tracking information.  At this point, the thread of me being a scammer was created, and the rest is in the black and white.  The majority of the members' propositions were true.  MY intentions were nothing but evil and wrong.  I admit guilty to this. 

If I have wronged you, please reach out.  If not accepted, I will sincerely accept a "f*** off" in lieu of.

- Joey 

20 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

But why did you come back?

Like I said above, they came back to make themself feel better.

I'd imagine they were kind of hoping someone would forgive them,  but they really just want to give themself the sense that they're "doing the right thing" by admitting they suck. It's like that step in AA when they try to make amends to people they've wronged. It's not to actually do anything for the people they hurt, but to try to assuage their own shitty image of themselves.

This person sucks and they're trying to make themself feel ok about doing garbage shit. I don't believe their sob story above for a second either. "The mob was after me for money!!" Nah.

I do believe maybe they were addicted to something, lots of people with addiction problems do shitty things, lots don't though so that's not a great excuse either.

All in all, shitty person does a shitty thing, then tries to make themself feel better by admitting it. Probably not even sorry about it in reality. I'd bet if they were accepted back here with open arms they'd do the same thing again. Fuck this turd.

22 hours ago, Sturdy said:

No, this is not me. Refer to this thread, but remember I am lying in this post. 

No, this is not me. Refer to this thread, but remember I am lying in this post. 

The explanation that I had submitted on this post was a lie (this was my first and only response to the scammer thread).

Looking back, I was literally buying time to commit more crimes and keep the mob off my back for the time being, until PayPal disputes kicked in and I could run with the money.  I was a piece of shit who did shitty  things. 

I am not generating an excuse for what I did for mercy of anyone, but I am explaining what and why I had these motives to rob this beloved community of their hard earned money, and to pay back those members who are still at a loss (again, not to make me whole, but because it is due )

My life was already in shambles as I was active in my addiction, and I was hanging on by a thread.  I made a conscious effort to sell my entire vinyl discography to make ends meet (pay rent, eat, survive) while I searched for work after exiting the military. 

As I was selling both here on VinylCollective and Discogs, I generated a substantial amount of money to survive on and feedback - but I blew it all away on my addiction.  I was at wit's end, and demoralized by my self-defeat.  I came to terms that I was a loser and had no other means to go on.  The idea to scam the community became a vision in my head, and went through with it.  All of my sales were valid, until I ran out of discography around the time of (December 20?  2015).  That is when I began to deceive members by creating threads of vinyl I had already sold, and preying on want to buy threads by messaging members that I had owned what they were requesting, which was false. 

I used my good reputation to deceive further because the scamming process was working for the first week, until members started to catch on that i was not replying with tracking information.  At this point, the thread of me being a scammer was created, and the rest is in the black and white.  The majority of the members' propositions were true.  MY intentions were nothing but evil and wrong.  I admit guilty to this. 

If I have wronged you, please reach out.  If not accepted, I will sincerely accept a "f*** off" in lieu of.

- Joey 

as shitty the things you've intentionally done to scam people. hope you get the help you need and things get better for you. 

dont expect to ever get any sort of trust back from anyone here cause it seems you dont deserve it. 

17 minutes ago, Sturdy said:

Okay.

I said what I said.  If I owe you, message me.

To naysayers, I'm sorry the world, including me has wronged you for you to feel such hate in your heart.

Out. 

Lol.

No hate, my doggie, just no trust for you either.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, Sturdy said:

Okay.

I said what I said.  If I owe you, message me.

To naysayers, I'm sorry the world, including me has wronged you for you to feel such hate in your heart.

Out. 

I was one of the people who I never got my money back I sent as a gift. I have reached out to you through DM, if I get it back I would be stoked. 

• 3 weeks later...