Jump to content
drawcody

PO NOW: The Devil Wears Prada - The Act

Recommended Posts

After a few listens I must say I am loving this album through and through.


I really enjoyed Transit Blues but it was hard to listen to it from start to end because it had a very homogeneous sound. 

This to me is just a much more fun listen and really highlights all the different aspects of what they do well.


Is it a little disjointed? Maybe, but whats so bad about that? Doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, V3XED said:

After a few listens I must say I am loving this album through and through.


I really enjoyed Transit Blues but it was hard to listen to it from start to end because it had a very homogeneous sound. 

This to me is just a much more fun listen and really highlights all the different aspects of what they do well.


Is it a little disjointed? Maybe, but whats so bad about that? Doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Glad someone digs this. It is not for me, and I thought transit blues was something of a reinvention for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

Another smack in the face to preorders coming today? It looks like the final day of the SS sale includes TDWP half price. Every variant is out of stock but we'll see what happens when SS makes their Facebook posts today.

 

https://merchnow.com/catalogs/solid-state/onsale

Dude WTF. Ok now I'm mad. I could have saved like $30 on this and the NJ release. That's like 1.5 records elsewhere. I get doing sales 6+ months down the line, but on records that haven't even shipped yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Dude WTF. Ok now I'm mad. I could have saved like $30 on this and the NJ release. That's like 1.5 records elsewhere. I get doing sales 6+ months down the line, but on records that haven't even shipped yet?

It's real dumb. My friend and I combined our order to save on shipping but he's requested to cancel it and we're reordering.

 

There's less than 50 in stock for each variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, N8TRU said:

It's real dumb. My friend and I combined our order to save on shipping but he's requested to cancel it and we're reordering.

 

There's less than 50 in stock for each variant.

Dumb indeed, but if they want to run a sale I guess that is their prerogative. 

Rather than do the cancel/re-order gymnastics I just picked up an extra copy along with a few other things I had been eyeing.
Going to make it into a holiday gift for a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They always do a Halloween event sale, it was weird with this and Norma Jean though, because they were already both sold out. 

 

Also, kinda cool, The Act was apparently #3 on the Billboard vinyl charts last week... although, who knows if they even exist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, N8TRU said:

SHOCKING. I GOT THE WRONG VARIANT FROM MERCHNOW. WHO KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME?

 

Was it worth saving $10? No.

Mine has a label but hasn't moved. I expect it to be wrong with how confusing the orders are. My email receipt says I ordered "The Blinding Light (Neon Orange)" but the mockup is clearly Red/Black. Given there's two orange variants I wouldn't be surprised if they open these up to verify and ship the orange one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Mine has a label but hasn't moved. I expect it to be wrong with how confusing the orders are. My email receipt says I ordered "The Blinding Light (Neon Orange)" but the mockup is clearly Red/Black. Given there's two orange variants I wouldn't be surprised if they open these up to verify and ship the orange one.

For reference, the clearly RED/BLACK mockup turned out Orange. Likely adding to the confusion.

Z0uo8Q8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jeremyjacobsnerd said:

I got mine yesterday, and was completely sealed.  However, the “neon orange” definitely turned out more pumpkin/brownish.

And funily enough, the "Lower ring" variant which mocked up like a white inside orange actually turned out to be like yellow inside red and matches the art perfectly. So glad I didn't order that one..... :')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×