Cowboy Bebop

2 hours ago, Rip said:

Probably too good to be true.  If this is like their Evangelion tease before this, it may be CD/digital only for now.

37 minutes ago, slackerhero said:

Still waiting on their FLCL release as well.

::sigh:: the holy trinity of anime soundtracks. Probably just going to be teased, but never released.

Been trying too get this pressed for so long. As far as I know there has only been one pressing of it through the Funimation box set and after I spoke to them the licensing was extremely expensive and extremely limited. I even had a meeting in Tokyo with Shinchiro Watanabe (about other business but of course I brought it up) and there was nothing he could do either. I really hope someone has figured it out though!

7 hours ago, thedillon said:

Been trying too get this pressed for so long. As far as I know there has only been one pressing of it through the Funimation box set and after I spoke to them the licensing was extremely expensive and extremely limited. I even had a meeting in Tokyo with Shinchiro Watanabe (about other business but of course I brought it up) and there was nothing he could do either. I really hope someone has figured it out though!

On God?

I’m excited to see what they come up with, but skeptical given the sheer amount of music Kanno & co created for the show - a lot of the best tracks (imo) are spread out across the CDs that exist. I don’t think they’re likely to do a box set with all of it, sadly.

I actually spent quite a bit to have a 2xLP + 7” lathe of ‘best sessions’ made on the assumption that the OST I want would never see the light of day. They’d have to really blow it out of the park for me to upgrade from that.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah but that’s a lathe.  An official press may not have as many tracks but at least it won’t sound like garbage.

The ‘hi-fi’ Lathes that Tyler at Audio Geography cuts actually sound pretty impressive imho, but YES - of course an official pressing (hopefully from the master tapes) will sound better.