PO: Alcest - Spiritual Instinct

For principal songwriter and frontman Neige, ALCEST has always been a gateway to the otherworldly, a means of exploring his spirituality. An elemental two-piece, completed by long-serving drummer and creative confidante Winterhalter, their forthcoming sixth album »Spiritual Instinct« finds Neige at his most personal. “This time I had something urgent to put on the table,” he explains. “It is a very cathartic record - something needed to get out of me. It’s darker than usual, and heavier.”

Written in bursts both during and after a prolonged period of touring in support of 2016’s hugely successful »Kodama«, the sense of urgency Neige speaks of manifests in a record full of spontaneity, of immediate impact – be that in the breath-taking pace of 'Les Jardin De Minuit'’s tempo changes, or 'Sapphire'’s sun-kissed harmonies over an impermeable back beat, one thing »Spiritual Instinct« has is riffs, an acknowledgement and celebration of the black metal foundations that anchor their uplifting post-metal.

https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplanding/2019/Alcest/spiritual-instinct.html

Edited by Sasan

1 minute ago, morfiend said:

The new song sounds really good. I thought Kodama was good but haven't revisited it in a while. Kind of off topic but does anybody know what happened to Lantlos? I think Herbst said on social media a new album was supposed to come out a couple of years ago but never did.

They keep teasing it with updates - though the last one’s been a while - so I figured it was eminent.

Damn.  I thought I had read an update way more recent than end-of-2017.  I could be totally mistaken though — I’ve been especially shit at gauging time as of late.

To keep the thread Alcest-related: I revisited Kodama the other day, when this PO went up.  Eclosion’s outro - particularly the guitar’s melody in that climax solo - continues to be the greatest thing ever.

First time this has ever happened to me. I ordered pretty early, hard to believe they sold through 500 before my order (which included the whopping 10% discount for signing up for newsletter). Anyone else in the US besides me?

"Hello,

Thank you for shopping with Nuclear Blast!

We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the Alcest mail-order box-set has been oversold on our web shop. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Your refund has been issued via PayPal for this item + partial shipping. Please allow 1-3 business days for the funds to be released to the account that was used for purchase.

Once the rest of your order is ready for shipment, you’ll receive a confirmation notice via email with your tracking number information.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Customer Service Department"

• 2 weeks later...