PO NOW: Senses Fail - From The Depths Of Dreams

11 hours ago, IanRees said:

Ooooo...this....this is not that good

edit: ok I listened to it a second time and then Compared it to the OG...it’s leaps and bounds better... and it’s growing on me . I will likely talk about this release on my podcast 

Edited by isavedlatin54

8 hours ago, bluethumb said:

I was bitterly disappointed when I heard that this was being recorded, and while I still prefer OG this track gives me hope for the rest of the EP.

Yeah the OG would have been nice, but let's just face the Universal doesn't care about much of any of the content it acquired from Drive-Thru. So I'm happy he just said "Screw It" If Universal does somehow repress it later, I'm sure we'll be happy both exist.

16 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah the OG would have been nice, but let's just face the Universal doesn't care about much of any of the content it acquired from Drive-Thru. So I'm happy he just said "Screw It" If Universal does somehow repress it later, I'm sure we'll be happy both exist.

Drive-Thru still owns this one, so no Universal.

7 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Don't think drive thru has existed for a long time bud.

They have been dormant for years, but as a company I believe they still technically exist and own the releases MCA/Geffen/Universal had no part in.

An easy way I find out (for any label) is to search the release on iTunes/Apple Music and look at the copyright at the bottom.  Once in awhile, a new label or the bands themselves will take ownership years after the original release.

7 hours ago, famousdrumer said:

MCA owns Drive-Thru, which is a universal label. I work for Universal, but have no idea why they refuse to rerelease any of these. 

Back in Drive-Thru’s heyday, MCA/Geffen/Universal did not own any part of the label.  The deal was MCA/Geffen gave them money to operate, but had first pick to certain bands and releases (i.e. NFG, Finch, Fenix TX, Something Corporate).  After awhile, they started Rushmore.  The idea was to move bands to Rushmore since it was a loophole from MCA/Geffen taking more bands.  It gets more complicated and I wasn’t directly involved with that label, just a fan especially in that time period.

Edited by curator