PO NOW: Senses Fail - From The Depths Of Dreams

Living in Canada sucks too. Still haven’t gotten a shipping email from SRC even though I was one of the first to preorder (surprise!). Tired of waiting so I bought a copy from Rarewaves because they ship for free here. It’ll probably be the splatter. Oh well. Maybe I’ll end up with two variants. The only other album I have two copies of is Renacer. 

1 hour ago, NoSeatbeltSong said:

Living in Canada sucks too. Still haven’t gotten a shipping email from SRC even though I was one of the first to preorder (surprise!). Tired of waiting so I bought a copy from Rarewaves because they ship for free here. It’ll probably be the splatter. Oh well. Maybe I’ll end up with two variants. The only other album I have two copies of is Renacer. 

Isn't SRC based in Canada?

I ordered from SRC last Friday and mine was shipped maybe a day or two later?

This whole re-recording of this record really strikes me as odd and I haven't seen anyone else talk about it. This EP was recorded and released when the band featured Buddy on vocals along with 4 other members. Buddy is the only member remaining from the original line up that recorded on that album... it doesn't strike anyone else as odd that this is pretty much Buddy with some other dudes covering that EP?  Would love to hear what other people think of this.

39 minutes ago, cfrancese5 said:

I ordered from SRC last Friday and mine was shipped maybe a day or two later?

This whole re-recording of this record really strikes me as odd and I haven't seen anyone else talk about it. This EP was recorded and released when the band featured Buddy on vocals along with 4 other members. Buddy is the only member remaining from the original line up that recorded on that album... it doesn't strike anyone else as odd that this is pretty much Buddy with some other dudes covering that EP?  Would love to hear what other people think of this.

The original drummer played on the EP too, but I see your point. I'm pretty sure hes been wanting to rerelease it for awhile now but with the state of drive thru records they probably weren't able to get the rights.

And not for anything, while I do unironically love this band, they've become one of the emo member berries. 

20 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

The original drummer played on the EP too, but I see your point. I'm pretty sure hes been wanting to rerelease it for awhile now but with the state of drive thru records they probably weren't able to get the rights.

And not for anything, while I do unironically love this band, they've become one of the emo member berries. 

I love this band too and I was so optimistic about their future when pull the thorns came out but they’ve just abandoned all that momentum...

and buddy annoying as hell on social media.

16 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I love this band too and I was so optimistic about their future when pull the thorns came out but they’ve just abandoned all that momentum...

Thats the thing.... It almost feels like a troll move at the old band members to re-release it. Listen, I love there music and Buddy has never been anything but nice to me but the dude is a salesman playing off of 30somethings nostalgia of the scene. I wasn't aware Dan played drums on this.. that's pretty cool.. it is growing on me somewhat.

16 minutes ago, cfrancese5 said:

Thats the thing.... It almost feels like a troll move at the old band members to re-release it. Listen, I love there music and Buddy has never been anything but nice to me but the dude is a salesman playing off of 30somethings nostalgia of the scene. I wasn't aware Dan played drums on this.. that's pretty cool.. it is growing on me somewhat.

As I understand it’s a licensing thing. They don’t own it. Unless they re-record it from the ground up then it’s a new piece of “property” altogether they can control and distribute.

my issue is the two awesome albums that breathed new life into a band I had stopped caring about, and how quickly all that forward momentum was abandoned to replicate their sound from 2005. The last album and the ep before were both such a downturn in quality from Thorns. And now re recording their first release ever? Like cmon, y’all were doing something exciting and you’re leaving that for what? Pop punk with some screams again?

5 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

As I understand it’s a licensing thing. They don’t own it. Unless they re-record it from the ground up then it’s a new piece of “property” altogether they can control and distribute.

my issue is the two awesome albums that breathed new life into a band I had stopped caring about, and how quickly all that forward momentum was abandoned to replicate their sound from 2005. The last album and the ep before were both such a downturn in quality from Thorns. And now re recording their first release ever? Like cmon, y’all were doing something exciting and you’re leaving that for what? Pop punk with some screams again?

Feels like a cash grab to me.

44 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I for one love PTTFYH. And yeah, I love the dude but sometimes he comes across as smelling his own farts over his "wokeness".

Wow PTTFYH is by far their worst album IMO but to each their own . Life is not a waiting room is their best album in my eyes with still searching close behind . I do agree with the whole comment about his "wokeness" as you say but it is always better then the opposite ( being a bigoted moron)  so I just dont pay attention to that part of it much. 

13 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

PTTFYH is great along with Renacer, but it was clearly the lowest point for them as a band financially. It didn't sell that well (you can still buy the first press on their merchnow), fans hated him left and right for it (might have just been him talking about being Queer too much just for it years later to become ok to do so). I have a shirt from that era and I can't tell you how many people said to me "I used to listen to that band" as in, they could care less about the hardcore records. 

Also if you count their Audiotree live sessions as any evidence, it has so few views on that puppy (relatively speaking).

I need to get over my parentheses habit.

3 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

PTTFYH is great along with Renacer, but it was clearly the lowest point for them as a band financially. It didn't sell that well (you can still buy the first press on their merchnow), fans hated him left and right for it (might have just been him talking about being Queer too much just for it years later to become ok to do so). I have a shirt from that era and I can't tell you how many people said to me "I used to listen to that band" as in, they could care less about the hardcore records. 

Also if you count their Audiotree live sessions as any evidence, it has so few views on that puppy (relatively speaking).

I need to get over my parentheses habit.

I agree with this 100% which is also a bummer. That era really hit for me, I went through a lot of personal growth and coming out and the lyrics and the person Buddy became really clicked with me. I felt such a connection to PTTFYH and it reignited my love for the band. I'm not mad at the new stuff and I quite like it, I just wanted more PTTFYH both musically and lyrically. 

I thought Speak The Truth was a great place for this sound but if it's what the band is going back to so be it. I appreciate the small lyric updates and I'll be waiting to hear what comes next for them.