[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

TOOL just posted this on their FB

There’s some late breaking news from the band. Having just received their personal allotment of the forthcoming (TBA) FEAR INOCULUM ULTRA DELUXE LP, they were inspired to offer for sale this very limited number of advance pressings to TOOLARMY VIP PACKAGE holders (taking advantage of their early merch access) beginning with tonight’s show in Philadelphia and extending to the remaining shows in Elmont, Newark, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and so forth, or until there are no more available (prior to the worldwide release that’s projected for sometime in April). Furthermore, these early vinyl arrivals (only a tour item for the time being) have been AUTOGRAPHED, adding a personal touch to the cover imagery. The package contains 5 discs of industry best 180g vinyl, with audio tracks on one side and etched art on the reverse of each side of the disc.Though the quantities are very limited, should there be any remaining copies, they will be made available to concert goers at the general merch booth.

3 minutes ago, jhulud said:

TOOL just posted this on their FB

There’s some late breaking news from the band. Having just received their personal allotment of the forthcoming (TBA) FEAR INOCULUM ULTRA DELUXE LP, they were inspired to offer for sale this very limited number of advance pressings to TOOLARMY VIP PACKAGE holders (taking advantage of their early merch access) beginning with tonight’s show in Philadelphia and extending to the remaining shows in Elmont, Newark, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and so forth, or until there are no more available (prior to the worldwide release that’s projected for sometime in April). Furthermore, these early vinyl arrivals (only a tour item for the time being) have been AUTOGRAPHED, adding a personal touch to the cover imagery. The package contains 5 discs of industry best 180g vinyl, with audio tracks on one side and etched art on the reverse of each side of the disc.Though the quantities are very limited, should there be any remaining copies, they will be made available to concert goers at the general merch booth.

5 LP’s with an etching on each one? Yikes. With that said I’m sure I’ll still buy one. 

Shit will be $100+ easily.  I hate to whine after this is finally getting a vinyl press, but; imagine paying $50 for vinyl etchings.  Oof.  I hope the wider April release sees a non “ULTRA DELUXE” version that is on a more modest 2-3 LP configuration, and less of a battle royale to obtain.

The merch lines at the shows are a complete shitshow. The two dates I went to, we got there early to get the tour posters. Lines were horrendous & posters were gone almost immediately. It’s going to be even worse for this record then. And guaranteed they’ll all end up on eBay. 

Yeah… the big takeaway here – for me anyway – is that tidbit about a worldwide release in April.  Which is truly not that far away at all.  The merch line moshing and eBay auctions are for the birds.  Anyone who needs those signatures and has money to burn can have fun with those.  I’m good.

Probably nothing to get excited about or put stock in but the attention to FI vinyl seems to me that it could imply vinyl (in general) being higher on the totem pole for the band.  I still occasionally daydream about a career boxset with 10K Days finally pressed, and a non-pic disc Lateralus.

So, 5 singled sided LP's with all of the b-sides etched?

The video makes it seem very impressive. Would be down if the retail pressing is reasonable.
Would be even more down if the back catalogue got the same kind of treatment, as well as some sick coloured pressings (10,000 Days on clear with black and red splatter anyone?)

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards