[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

5 hours ago, tokimedo said:

7 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I dont even really like Tool, so how have none of you posted this yet?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaN6wbnFAZF/?utm_medium=copy_link

You made me think I was crazy for a second because I knew I saw it earlier 

You have to admit that it’s authentically funny for Tool to make this the only option for FI on vinyl, after 2+ years of clamoring and complaining from fans.  They know exactly what they’re doing and there’s no way that Maynard isn’t taking the piss a bit, here.

Can’t wait for a few things to potentially happen;

1. If there’s a standard, non-5LP version… I eagerly await the Discogs reviews that shit on it in comparison to these $810 copies.  Please oh please, tell me how much better the soundstage and fidelity are with those etchings galore.

2. Come April, the worldwide release is the same version announced today, but without the signatures, and it’s $200-$400+.  Tool fans would be fuming but Maynard and co. could easily play the “What?  You guys wouldn’t shut up about Fear Inoculum on vinyl and now that you have it, you’re still not happy?  Sheesh…” card.  Cheeky bastard.

3. The same format and price points are used for official re/issues of the rest of the catalog.  Maynard still plays the aforementioned card, and anyone who’s been waiting decades for a set of proper Tool reissue now has a bookshelf dedicated to 5 albums at $1-2K total.

If they don't make a standard 2 to 3 LP version of this without vinyl wasting etched sides and its not under $100, I may just need to let this one go. I like the album. But I LIKE it enough to pay no more than $45 for a 3xLP version.

Fuckin' Tool...

Who am I kidding? I'll probably fork over $150 if something even remotely playable gets released. I'm a garbage vinyl junkie.

I am not surprised. I am also not in the target market for this limited signed edition. These days, I don’t think a standard LP release even appeals to me if it’s going to be 5LP w/etchings on each side in a box. (Maybe $99 at best?) Not only do I despise etchings, but it’s the QC of vinyl that concerns me the most. And no, I don’t think “it’s so much worse these days.” All the flaws of vinyl playback have always been around. It all just gets accepted due to the love of vinyl or the improved mastering used for some LPs. This isn’t the kind of album that I’d like to roll the dice on and hope that there’s no recurring noise in the middle section of a song due to a pressing flaw.

5 minutes ago, kannibal said:

I am not surprised. I am also not in the target market for this limited signed edition. These days, I don’t think a standard LP release even appeals to me if it’s going to be 5LP w/etchings on each side in a box. (Maybe $99 at best?) Not only do I despise etchings, but it’s the QC of vinyl that concerns me the most. And no, I don’t think “it’s so much worse these days.” All the flaws of vinyl playback have always been around. It all just gets accepted due to the love of vinyl or the improved mastering used for some LPs. This isn’t the kind of album that I’d like to roll the dice on and hope that there’s no recurring noise in the middle section of a song due to a pressing flaw.

Yeah, I was thinking something similar when I first saw this. Its like, just spend the money on the mastering process and make sure there's not a hint of goddamn silibance and make sure the high end doesn't distort across the soundstage.

Instead of a complex etching on every other side and a holographic box with hardbound album case to house the 5 single LP's w/etching, spend the time and resources guaranteeing a stellar playback and just put it on a normal quantity of LP's that appropriately accommodate just the music.

14 minutes ago, fish said:

This got me thinking that I never got around to buying Lateralus. Decided that I should just deal with the pic disc and snag one since I've seen it available forever, and if it ever does get repressed properly it'll be a joke like this. When did that go out of print? All of a sudden it is $100+?

Damn. I didn't realize yet another Tool vinyl release fell to the second hand market beast.

Hopefully this will prompt them to put out some basic ass, newly well-mastered reissues.

LOL.

What you guys are failing to understand is that the band used the Fibonacci sequence to master this album to vinyl, which is why it has to have an etching on the back of each lp. Only real fans understand the numerology of the $810 price mark, and they’re happy to pay that price. In fact, anyone who isn’t shouldn’t even post in this thread because they’re not a real fan. Plebes. 

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards