[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

6 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

It's available on all streaming formats. Tool really doesn't do anything that's not over the top.

Cute but no. I'm tired of these excessive packages. I just want to play the album on my turntable and NOT spend $200 per record to do it.

18 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Cute but no. I'm tired of these excessive packages. I just want to play the album on my turntable and NOT spend $200 per record to do it.

There’s no shortage of better music with way more reasonable price tags out there. Just, you know, skip this record or fuck this band or whatever, really.. 

36 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

Sold out already. Geez. 

And Bullmoose too. 

People are freaking out too soon? 

8 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

There’s no shortage of better music with way more reasonable price tags out there. Just, you know, skip this record or fuck this band or whatever, really.. 

That's fair. I'm a Tool fan unfortunately for me but with this record, I would probably skip that G side altogether. If there was a reasonable edition available, I'd be happy to add it to my collection and play it when the mood strikes. The album is legit but I haven't been blown away by a Tool album since Lateralus. Not that they've had a ton of efforts since then. But having only a $170 to $180 option makes it hard to keep up with maintaining a full LP collection for this band and the premise is that I would like to do just that.

They could easily put out a standard 2xLP or 3xLP in a standard gatefold and not feel the need to reinvent the physical music wheel and we could buy their pretty good record for about $35 to $45 and not feel nervous handling the set when we wanted to play it. At the end of the day no one is going to congratulate or reward them on their revolutionary packaging (OK maybe the Grammy's will but what is that really worth?) especially when it all drives the total cost to purchase A SINGLE BODY OF WORK  in the form a roughly 80 minute album up to nearly $200 after tax. Its still just one album.

I guess I'm just one of those vinyl playing crazies who likes to own the records that I like... on vinyl.