[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

Just ordered mine through Acoustic Sounds.  Hopefully they haven't overshot the inventory they'll receive.  Nothing makes me more angry than putting in a pre-order only to have it cancelled because the company took in more pre-orders than they're able to fulfill.  Precisely the reason I will never pre-order through Amazon or SRC again as that's happened to me twice from both of those places.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=168085

47 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Just ordered mine through Acoustic Sounds.  Hopefully they haven't overshot the inventory they'll receive.  Nothing makes me more angry than putting in a pre-order only to have it cancelled because the company took in more pre-orders than they're able to fulfill.  Precisely the reason I will never pre-order through Amazon or SRC again as that's happened to me twice from both of those places.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=168085

Scr is just scum and better have chance of winning the lottery then getting shit from them. 

3 hours ago, webdoggy said:

Must be gone, search didn’t bring it up. 

https://www.popmarket.com/fear-inoculum/194398687919

best price ive seen outside of amazon fucking up their original listing. With code THANKS10 i got it shipped to CA for $141

Edited by tokimedo

I’ll chime in and say that Popmarket blows.  I’ve had just a few experiences with them but they’ve got a low batting average for me.  [Especially with pre-orders.]  Last one or two had them charging upfront and failing to provide any updates for delays, or answer any inquiries.  I had to file a PayPal claim just to get their attention and a refund.

Proceed with caution, especially if this set gets delayed.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I’ll chime in and say that Popmarket blows.  I’ve had just a few experiences with them but they’ve got a low batting average for me.  [Especially with pre-orders.]  Last one or two had them charging upfront and failing to provide any updates for delays, or answer any inquiries.  I had to file a PayPal claim just to get their attention and a refund.

Proceed with caution, especially if this set gets delayed.

It says PayPal charges up front but if you use cc it doesn’t charge till it ships, so I’ll do pop market as a cheaper backup for my Amazon order. Really no risk if you use CC and they don’t charge till they ship 

9 hours ago, tokimedo said:

https://www.popmarket.com/fear-inoculum/194398687919

best price ive seen outside of amazon fucking up their original listing. With code THANKS10 i got it shipped to CA for $141

Thanks I was having issues with 2 cc giving me errors with payment or shipping address.  Hope I can change cc closer to date.  Hoping Amazon drops the price randomly as this is about $195 as was looking at the Canadian price through PayPal. 

Edit: how you get it for $141 shipped?  Mine came to $146.12 with shipping. 

Edited by Leprekon

Revolver & BrooklynVegan & The Hard Times are all handed by the same merch company, Project M. I’ve ordered from Rev and BK and never had any issues. Everything has been packed very well & arrives on time. Barring any production delays & issues of course. 

And yeah, they tend to be overpriced at times. 

13 minutes ago, Why not Shelby said:

It depends what you order I guess, but I doubt anyone is getting the FI box from popmarket and most Amazon orders will get canceled. I'm pretty sure they sold the Mars Volta set too and nobody got it (popmarket), this is similar imo.

This release is nowhere near as limited as the Mars Volta set. 

1 hour ago, Billich0986 said:

I've ordered from Revolver a couple of times. Other than being overpriced similar to Newbury, I've never had any issues. 

I did the 6.66% off and it was on par with most other non Amazon listings I’ve seen for this. As long as it gets fulfilled I’m fine with what I paid. 

1 hour ago, Why not Shelby said:

Says who?

Yeah, we literally have no idea how many of these will be manufactured. The TMV box was supposedly 5000 world wide according to Clouds Hill. So far I've only seen the phrase "limited edition" plastered all over the listings for FI Deluxe. But then again, pretty much every single vinyl release for the last ten years or so has included that phrase even if it kept getting replenished.

13 minutes ago, Why not Shelby said:

I just have a hard time thinking they managed to make even 10k of these things that will be available by April. The open Amazon listing is really sus though. Maybe Tool were the ones that fucked vinyl over in 2021 and these have been being manufactured in secret for over a year lol.

I have a feeling the manufacturing is completed on these though. Tool seems like an entity just old school enough that they wouldn't promise a release date unless they knew they were already ahead of it on having the units sitting and waiting to go out.

I know most labels and artists are just making promises and hoping their deadlines are going to be met by the plants even more so lately but it seems like Tool operate at a higher level when it comes to physical media and more than likely got preferential prioritization by the plants due to being such a well known artist.

I am COMPLETELY speculating though.