[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Remember when a bunch of people were panicking about this release and saying that half of preorders weren't going to be filled? Looks like there will be plenty of Tool to go around. People who placed 8 orders might want to start canceling some of them now. 

I wasn't being serious and figured 8 was absurd enough to not have to spell it out but I guess not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Got shipping confirmation from Popmarket shipping through DHL for Canada.  Got lucky as I needed to change credit card numbers and some asshole there decided to cancel my order without telling me they couldn’t change card numbers.  Got lucky called last night and got it for the same price so $183.11 CAD.   Still cheaper then anywhere else in Canada and please customs let it fly by 🤞

7 hours ago, ntslash said:

Remember when a bunch of people were panicking about this release and saying that half of preorders weren't going to be filled? Looks like there will be plenty of Tool to go around. People who placed 8 orders might want to start canceling some of them now. 

You know the old adage: one to keep sealed, one to listen to, one to sell…

…and one to display in Urban Outfitters record frames, one to burn for warmth next January, one to pass onto your grandchildren, one to put under that short table leg to stabilize it and one to eat for roughage after the inevitable  start of WWIII. 

Edited by unknown pleasures

16 hours ago, Leprekon said:

Got shipping confirmation from Popmarket shipping through DHL for Canada.  Got lucky as I needed to change credit card numbers and some asshole there decided to cancel my order without telling me they couldn’t change card numbers.  Got lucky called last night and got it for the same price so $183.11 CAD.   Still cheaper then anywhere else in Canada and please customs let it fly by 🤞

DHL always charges me for customs when getting stuff from the States. They're the worst, I wish companies would stop using them.

21 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

DHL always charges me for customs when getting stuff from the States. They're the worst, I wish companies would stop using them.

Yup just found out the hard way.  Cost me $223 Canadian ($40.22 for dhl and $183.12 for exchange rate).  Fuck  still cheaper then buying it in Canada but damn it’s a lot of money for this.  Wife’s not gonna be happy lol.    Don’t know if this  is  a limited pressing like the OG CD.  

33 minutes ago, Leprekon said:

Yup just found out the hard way.  Cost me $223 Canadian ($40.22 for dhl and $183.12 for exchange rate).  Fuck  still cheaper then buying it in Canada but damn it’s a lot of money for this.  Wife’s not gonna be happy lol.    Don’t know if this  is  a limited pressing like the OG CD.  

They are selling it as a "Limited Edition" but I feel like that will be similar to NIN 's Fragile Deviations. They said that would be a limited 1x pressing and it is still available 5+ years later.

1 minute ago, fish said:

They are selling it as a "Limited Edition" but I feel like that will be similar to NIN 's Fragile Deviations. They said that would be a limited 1x pressing and it is still available 5+ years later.

To be fair, everything is limited or finite in some capacity.  This is an especially tricky comparison though, since [1] we’re talking about the only (legitimate) press of Tool’s latest album to date, and [2] not too many people have the interest or patience for an instrumental version of a beloved NIN record, when the same album – with vocals – was made available for cheap, the same year.  I’m not saying that this Tool box is going to sell like hotcakes and become super rare in the coming months, but I’m also saying that I can totally see why Deviations is still easy to find close to retail… or less.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

To be fair, everything is limited or finite in some capacity.  This is an especially tricky comparison though, since [1] we’re talking about the only (legitimate) press of Tool’s latest album to date, and [2] not too many people have the interest or patience for an instrumental version of a beloved NIN record, when the same album – with vocals – was made available for cheap, the same year.  I’m not saying that this Tool box is going to sell like hotcakes and become super rare in the coming months, but I’m also saying that I can totally see why Deviations is still easy to find close to retail… or less.

Agree with everything you are saying. That was just the first advertised "limited" item from a big band i could think of off the top of my head that just never sold out. I recall they sold like 20k of those in a couple days and then it just stayed around. The must have pressed an insane amount.

When this gets released can we tell how many were sold from billboard or anywhere still?

Got a $25 credit cause I spammed there social media and email bitching at them for screwing my preorder and using DHL.  Now that will work out with the bs DHL crap.  Never using Popmarket again.  I had issues with there deepdiscount company too refunding me the correct exchange rate and shipping cost so they are done too.  I’m hoping mine will show up tomorrow since it’s scheduled  for delivery now. 

8 minutes ago, Leprekon said:

Got a $25 credit cause I spammed there social media and email bitching at them for screwing my preorder and using DHL.  Now that will work out with the bs DHL crap.  Never using Popmarket again.  I had issues with there deepdiscount company too refunding me the correct exchange rate and shipping cost so they are done too.  I’m hoping mine will show up tomorrow since it’s scheduled  for delivery now. 

Their* in both instances.

But yeah, I've heard of a lot of people having issues with Popmarket

On 4/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, unknown pleasures said:

You know the old adage: one to keep sealed, one to listen to, one to sell…

…and one to display in Urban Outfitters record frames, one to burn for warmth next January, one to pass onto your grandchildren, one to put under that short table leg to stabilize it and one to eat for roughage after the inevitable  start of WWIII. 

coasters for beers and clean surfaces for drugs.