[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

2 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Not if you are trying to stretch it out over as many discs as possible to sell 1 album for 200 bucks

I brought this up to a friend and he said the reason they only press on 1 side is so you never have to flip  the record and have the playing side touch the platter, slip mat, etc.  Apparently it's an audiophile thing, but seems a bit extreme to me.   Classic Records was known for doing it.  They were bought out by Acoustic Sounds in 2010 so I don't know if it's something they've continued to do.

57 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I brought this up to a friend and he said the reason they only press on 1 side is so you never have to flip  the record and have the playing side touch the platter, slip mat, etc.  Apparently it's an audiophile thing, but seems a bit extreme to me.   Classic Records was known for doing it.  They were bought out by Acoustic Sounds in 2010 so I don't know if it's something they've continued to do.

Ahh TOOL always looking out for the audiophiles. Im going to go put on my copies of 10,000 Days & Aenima. I mean whatever I bought a copy of this but its 5 discs to get more money.

Got mine today, will listen to it at some point when I've got a quiet house.  I gotta say though, Acoustic Sounds is fucking fantastic at packing records for shipment.  Mine came in a thick cardboard suitcase (complete with a carrying handle), nestled perfectly in the middle with about 3 inches of cardboard give all the way around and bubble wrap.  Could throw it off the roof and it wouldn't get damaged.

20 minutes ago, Faucet said:

maybe its just me then, i think they look like big blobs of shit.

A few I have no idea wtf they are.  I honestly would have rather a 2 disc apposed to 5  and  with all 10 songs not 9.  But since this is my first Tool vinyl and no idea how limited this is I bought it just to be safe.  Whole days pay for this. 

Not to go off-subject, but I've been looking through the various Aenima boots listed on Discogs since I'm ready to accept that one of those is probably my best bet if I want to own this record on vinyl. And some apparently sound pretty good. But where are people finding them? Are the good ones so rare in their own right at this point that they don't pop up on Ebay and Discogs at reasonable prices anymore? Am I just going to drive myself nuts going down this road? To get back on subject, I'd rather overpay a little for a good fake of Aenima than an official 5x LP of FI.

Anyone else feel like bootleg entitlement is a direct result of the streaming generation? Like, bootlegs used to be mostly cool live shows and demos of stuff you wouldn't feel bad about cutting the artist out of... at a time where streaming and the internet wasn't even a thing so they were even cooler. But what's the point of owning something on vinyl when there's 3 other cheaper and better sounding options than a bootleg these days? Seems really fucking stupid to me and more in line with collecting pokemon than listening to music. 

12 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Anyone else feel like bootleg entitlement is a direct result of the streaming generation? Like, bootlegs used to be mostly cool live shows and demos of stuff you wouldn't feel bad about cutting the artist out of... at a time where streaming and the internet wasn't even a thing so they were even cooler. But what's the point of owning something on vinyl when there's 3 other cheaper and better sounding options than a bootleg these days? Seems really fucking stupid to me and more in line with collecting pokemon than listening to music. 

yes good view.  but vinyl has become somewhat of a collector thing... i know multiple people who collect but don't have a turntable.  and if someone wants a complete collection, i guess a bootleg fills the space if it is a good bootleg until they can get the real deal.

1 hour ago, gutterball1 said:

yes good view.  but vinyl has become somewhat of a collector thing... i know multiple people who collect but don't have a turntable.  and if someone wants a complete collection, i guess a bootleg fills the space if it is a good bootleg until they can get the real deal.

Thanks for confirming my pokemon theory tugger.

5 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I can’t believe tug just explained how some people don’t ever play their records to you. What a fucking time.

That tug account is definitely a long time member and not the original. As you can see they're getting bored just using The Used to troll haha. But I appreciate their input trying to start shit with the giant man babies with me.

Yall know they just use a CD for bootlegs right? You can get an Ænima CD for like $5 shipped and it'll sound way better than your shitty vinyl setup with a real copy.

12 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Yall know they just use a CD for bootlegs right? You can get an Ænima CD for like $5 shipped and it'll sound way better than your shitty vinyl setup with a real copy.

Yeah but then you can’t feel the sense of faux accomplishment when you see the spine of it peeking out at you from the shelf, knowing that you (kinda’) now own the complete discography which makes you a real fan.

4 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Or on an Instagram or YouTube video in your background...

I’ve climbed atop a soapbox several times regarding bootlegs, and have always – like 2-3 separate times – make it a point to bring up Instagram flexing, yup.  Thought I’d give it a break this time but it’s reassuring to see that it’s just as noticeable to other folks too.

21 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

That tug account is definitely a long time member and not the original. As you can see they're getting bored just using The Used to troll haha. But I appreciate their input trying to start shit with the giant man babies with me.

not starting shit, just totally agreeing.  a bootleg could be cool and if it is good and not pricey then so what?  i have a mona lisa poster hanging above my toliet and its an exact scan copy of the OG.  it looks the exact same so its like so what if its a bootleg and not the OG, it cost me half the price and looks the exact same.

• 3 weeks later...