[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

The problem is you never know before you try to peel it off if it’s a plastic or paper sticker. Usually I don’t mind if those hype stickers break, but this is not a hype sticker. It’s part of the art work and wraps around the top. 

I’ll probably cut around it. 🤷

looks like this: 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by solitaryreign

So my 3xLP arrived yesterday and the mailer was so thin that the corner of the mailer was bent leaving a sizeable crease across the bottom left side of the jacket. Of course, it would be nice if that didn't happen to a $54 record but I'm past sweating that stuff. I would understand someone wanting blood over it but I can't live that life anymore. Ordered from Pop Market and honestly, this is the first problem I've had with their packaging. I should say that this is really the flimsiest mailer I've ever gotten from them and flimsiest I've gotten from a seller who wasn't from Europe. Also they used NO cardboard pads or anything. Just the record in the thin mailer. I recently got an original copy of Pretty Hate Machine that came from like Sweden or something like that and the mailer was fairly thin but there were no bends or damage at all.  Its pretty much always a coin flip when you're getting records shipped but if the vendor takes measures like padding it definitely goes a long way.

I also would like to point out that there is no way my copy is anywhere near 180g. The LP's have plenty of wobble to them and I'm happy as hell about it. The third LP with the etched backside is probably the most rigid of the three. And after all that, I still haven't had a chance to listen to it but the vinyl itself looks very clean, shiny and high quality.  Pretty much everyone says this thing sounds great so I'm optimistic about that.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Still can’t imagine being filtered by this album after 3 years.  It’s not like Tool haven’t been balancing long tracks with meditative stretches and explosive moments for the last 2 decades.

You're right. You can't expect a old dog to perform new tricks. RIP

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Adam10647 said:

This is why these guys are the kings

https://store.toolband.com/product/TLCT257/aenima-wheres-the-vinyl-tee?cp=109315_112352

but Glassjaw gives them a run for there money (or yours) 

That is pretty good, but I’m curious to know how it’s related to Ænima specifically, and why it features an elderly lady.  Maybe they didn’t want to be too on the nose?

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That is pretty good, but I’m curious to know how it’s related to Ænima specifically, and why it features an elderly lady.  Maybe they didn’t want to be too on the nose?

I think it a play on the old "Where's the beef" I think it was a Wendy's commercial 

They did.  At this point I’m just assuming that someone’s ego and interest in trolling are bigger than their want for money – which is nuts – or there’s something in the works that may or may not ever escape legal gridlock.  If it happens, it happens, and I’ll be stoked accordingly.  Otherwise I’m tired of getting my hopes up.

18 hours ago, nfstyl said:

I can't be the only one who is now expecting Vinyl within 6 months or so once this new merchandise line sells out right ?

If it were any other band and album, I'd be right there with you. Part of me (pun not intended) really wants to believe its imminent but with this title, all bets are off. If you expect to never see it happen, you'll keep your sanity.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, mcpherson123 said:

If it were any other band and album, I'd be right there with you. Part of me (pun not intended) really wants to believe its imminent but with this title, all bets are off. If you expect to never see it happen, you'll keep your sanity.

I'm not disagreeing,  I work in a record store, so like any other title (especially right now). I will believe it's out when it's physically in the store.

But lately with the weird combination of TOOL level trolling and Taylor Swift level Marketing (plus I mean these guys are not getting any younger and as the title of this thread indicates, SOMEONE has to pay for Caduceus) it kind of seems that it should be coming. 

Now, if that is this year, next year, (2026 for the 30th anniversary) or 2996 for the 100th. who knows?