[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-metal/tool/fear-inoculum-lp-vinyl-record

I figured this might have deserved its own thread as the "Tool vinyl buying guide" thread was pretty all over the place. I'm sure this will derail into existential misery and all that but goddamn it I wanted to see a VC thread about a Tool record on vinyl being a new thing in my lifetime.

The item is listed as out of stock but you can sign up to be notified when it comes in.

I've been checking this site regularly and never was "in stock" so I'm assuming its a place holder until they have something they can actually sell.

From the page:

The wait is finally over and TOOL is back with a brand new album Fear Inoculum, the first release from the legendary band out of Los Angeles, California since 2006's 10,000 Days. There's nothing quite like the complex singing and songwriting of Maynard James Keenan Maynard, the shredding solos of guitarist Adam Jones, the heavy bass rhythms of Justin Chancellor, and the intricate drum patterns of Danny Carey.

Get the first edition vinyl pressing of Fear Inoculum while its fresh off the presses. Whether you're getting a copy of the massively-anticipated record as a collectible, can't wait to unseal this album to hear it on your own turntable, or want to get that perfect gift for a TOOL fan, Fear Inoculum on vinyl is going to be one of the biggest releases of 2019.

Track List

1. Fear Inoculum
  2. Pneuma
  3. Invincible
  4. Descending
  5. Culling Voices
  6. Chocolate Chip Trip
  7. 7empest

Protection
Each record is protected within its record sleeve by a white vellum anti-dust sleeve.

Packaging
All items are shipped brand-new and unopened in original packaging. Every record is shipped in original factory-applied shrink wrap and has never been touched by human hands.

Edited by mcpherson123

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Rumor has it that this would be a 4LP?  And sure available everywhere, I’d imagine... curious to see what comes of it.

Yeah, I recall seeing that image of a piece of paper in a Swedish (?) record store window claiming as much. I guess we'll see.

THE FOLLOWING IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL but just to show you what I came up with regarding format and side durations:

Side A

A1. Fear Inoculum [10:20]

A2. Pneuma [11:53]

Total duration: 22:13

Side B

B1. Litanie contre la Peur [02:14]

B2. Invincible [12:44]

B3. Legion Inoculant [03:09]

Total duration: 18:07

Side C

C1. Descending [13:37]

C2. Culling Voices [10:05]

Total duration: 23:42

Side D

D1. Chocolate Chip Trip [04:48]

D2. 7empest [15:43]

D3. Mockingbeat  [02:05]

Total duration: 22:36

Edited by mcpherson123

Official side durations below:

Side A

A1. Fear Inoculum [10:20]

Side B

Total duration: 2:14

Side C

C1. Invincible [12:44]

C2. Legion Inoculant [03:09]

C3. Descending [13:37]

C4. Culling Voices [10:05]

C5. Chocolate Chip Trip [04:48]

C6. 7empest [15:43]

C7. Mockingbeat  [02:05]

C8. Locked Groove Bonus Track

Total duration: 99:99

Side D

Holographic Spooky Spider Skelly Etching

3 minutes ago, rooks said:

Official side durations below:

Side A

A1. Fear Inoculum [10:20]

Side B

Total duration: 2:14

Side C

C1. Invincible [12:44]

C2. Legion Inoculant [03:09]

C3. Descending [13:37]

C4. Culling Voices [10:05]

C5. Chocolate Chip Trip [04:48]

C6. 7empest [15:43]

C7. Mockingbeat  [02:05]

C8. Locked Groove Bonus Track

Total duration: 99:99

Side D

Holographic Spooky Spider Skelly Etching

You’ll have to set your turntable’s speed to the Fibonacci Sequence to properly play this back

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That doesn’t leave a lot of room for any etchings of spooky spider skellys, so for that reason I cannot abide.

Well actually all four sides would be  playable animated hologram etchings of the cover art and the spider-skeletal-man-king-guy. When you assemble the 2 LP's in a way that allows for all four sides to be showing face up you can see the image of the artwork represented across them. Of course you will need a pocket knife or some other sharp instruments to separate the sides of each LP from each other.

Edited by mcpherson123

15 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

THE FOLLOWING IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL but just to show you what I came up with regarding format and side durations:

Side A

A1. Fear Inoculum [10:20]

Side B

B2. Invincible [12:44]

B3. Legion Inoculant [03:09]

Total duration: 18:07

Side C

C1. Descending [13:37]

C2. Culling Voices [10:05]

Total duration: 23:42

Side D

D1. Chocolate Chip Trip [04:48]

D2. 7empest [15:43]

D3. Mockingbeat  [02:05]

Total duration: 22:36

3 of those are digital only. I bet the real reason they are is because they came up with them after the packaging was going to production. That article earlier said they didnt even play two of them when listening to a preview a month or two ago.

14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

3 of those are digital only. I bet the real reason they are is because they came up with them after the packaging was going to production. That article earlier said they didnt even play two of them when listening to a preview a month or two ago.

They’re going to put them on the LP and also rename 7empest to 9empest, obvi.

20 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I had a feeling they would still work them in on a vinyl edition though. I don't remember reading that the tracks were explicitly relegated to only ever being listenable on a digital format. It just seems like they worked hard to make the distinction that those tracks in particular were absolutely NOT available on the physical CD due to capacity.

I do like the idea of a catch-all shitshow for album impressions, redundant jokes, and general tomfuckery... but I’m all for keeping this thread clean and relevant with actual PO info, since a lot of folks are probably looking for just that while trudging through the other thread and regretting the use of their free time as a result.

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards
  • Shitty Rambo locked this topic
  • Shitty Rambo unlocked this topic