[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I'll say this much...while everyone is scrambling for supplies and hurricane stuffs...I'll hit up Target and nab a copy or two. I'm already prepared for hurricane so not worried on that front.

Isn’t trump going to nuke the sucker, so no need to worry about dumb hurricanes.

Not to sound redundant from the last Tool thread, but as someone who’s a casual fan of the band, the new album continues to get better and better after leaving a decent first impression.  I’m legitimately into this record a lot more than I probably should be; certainly more than I anticipated I’d be after the title track single.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not to sound redundant from the last Tool thread, but as someone who’s a casual fan of the band, the new album continues to get better and better after leaving a decent first impression.  I’m legitimately into this record a lot more than I probably should be; certainly more than I anticipated I’d be after the title track single.

As a long time fan of the band I feel the same. The track single is literally just the intro, albeit a long one. Pneuma gets things going for real and I agree with one of the previous comments, it's up there with Tool's best tracks, at least imho. In other news, I'm glad that I nabbed the lossless leak, no sign of the album on Tidal (yes... I'm one of those...) and my Amazon.com copy hasn't shipped yet. Oh well...

23 minutes ago, mrdoctor said:

As a long time fan of the band I feel the same. The track single is literally just the intro, albeit a long one. Pneuma gets things going for real and I agree with one of the previous comments, it's up there with Tool's best tracks, at least imho. In other news, I'm glad that I nabbed the lossless leak, no sign of the album on Tidal (yes... I'm one of those...) and my Amazon.com copy hasn't shipped yet. Oh well...

https://tidal.com/browse/album/116415070

37 minutes ago, mrdoctor said:

When the entirety of Pneuma drops out so the guitar can play a crunchy, riff-laden take on the main melody before the drums come back, bringing cymbals; fuck.

The longer tracks with all their ebb and flow are giving me the same kind of “rewarding replay value” that I get from the likes of Swans, Isis, and Sumac – dense music with a whole lot to unpack and notice during each and every replay, but enough to appreciate moment to moment, to keep you reeled in.  It’s a songwriting approach that’s easier said than done and my hat goes off to them for it, even if it took them over a decade to dial in.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

When the entirety of Pneuma drops out so the guitar can play a crunchy, riff-laden take on the main melody before the drums come back, bringing cymbals; fuck.

The longer tracks with all their ebb and flow are giving me the same kind of “rewarding replay value” that I get from the likes of Swans, Isis, and Sumac – dense music with a whole lot to unpack and notice during each and every replay, but enough to appreciate moment to moment, to keep you reeled in.  It’s a songwriting approach that’s easier said than done and my hat goes off to them for it, even if it took them over a decade to dial in.

Absolutely agree. Pneuma and 7empest are the highlights for me at the moment, but the whole album is laden with fuck moments that I can only compare to the Parabol / Parabola / Ticks & Leeches multiple jaw drops that I experienced when Lateralus came out. 

As you said it's all in the songwriting, Adam Jones and Justin Chancellor keep it pretty simple compared to Danny Carey's impossible polyrhythmic tapestry. Even after seeing him live multiple times I still cannot fathom how he can play like that. Maynard's APC meets Tool delivery is also quite interesting, definitely a grower.

Isis... damn, I still have a glimmer of hope for a reunion, one day.

There’s not a weak song on there, that’s for sure.  Culling Voices is maybe holding up the rear but there’s no denying how infectious that “don’t you dare point that at me” line is, again and again.  No moment quite like that on the album.  An aggressively fun song compared to some of the more sprawling epics.

Maynard’s voice and delivery choices were my weakest link on first listen.  At the same time it’s tough to fault the dude for sounding different and being eager to try new things after 14 years.  I never got into APC but I’ve read that comparison a good bit.  It just takes a little getting used-to, and then you’re set.

Isis with Chanellor subbing in like he does for Panopticon, maybe?  That’d be wild.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Isis with Chanellor subbing in like he does for Panopticon, maybe?  That’d be wild.

Tool + Aaron Turner. Job done. 🤤

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Maynard’s voice and delivery choices were my weakest link on first listen.  At the same time it’s tough to fault the dude for sounding different and being eager to try new things after 14 years.  I never got into APC but I’ve read that comparison a good bit.  It just takes a little getting used-to, and then you’re set.

10 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I love how Maynard sounds! Not only APC-moments but also Puscifer-Maynard....that dude is a freakin' god!

To be honest, Eat the Elephant - Maynard was very Puscifer already. But yeah, I agree, kudos for exploring new styles, he's getting older too so it makes sense.

Got an amazon email that mine shipped late last night. But it is supposedly going to be here today. Hoping it is as I'm driving to Chicago tomorrow morning and really planned on listening to this on the way.

Just checked my local Target stock online and at least half of the 20 stores around me are sold out already. Wonder if they'll just press a ton more of these? I really assumed they'd be easy to find.

The new record is brilliant and my expectations were a little low since I was fairly disappointed with 10,000 Days (to be fair it was because Lateralus was so good and so hard to top). Tracks 2-5 especially just hit on every level for me and I avoided any live spoilers so they were all new to me. The production is awesome, it sounds like you’re in the room with the band. Looks like they’re not coming to Seattle or Portland so hopefully another leg is on the horizon. 

I tried searching for it on the Target site just for fun and it's not coming up, lol. Other Tool albums, Tears for Fears, Iron Maiden, etc. but not Fear Inoculum for some reason. 🤨 I'm just curious cuz I can walk to Target from my house.

ETA: Found a link via Google. It just says out of stock, "Notify Me When It's Back" no matter what store I select - which is a little surprising. Doesn't even seem like you can order it online at this point. Oh well I wasn't planning to buy it, just curious. Need to listen to it first anyway.

Edited by jeromium

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards
  • Shitty Rambo locked this topic
  • Shitty Rambo unlocked this topic